Wrexham Glyndŵr University
Our name comes from Welsh scholar and hero Owain Glyndŵr and we aim to champion some of the same philosophies as him. His spirit lies at the heart of Wrexham Glyndŵr University where we set out to be bold, enterprising and open to all in everything that we do.
We’ve been delivering education at our main Wrexham campus since 1887, when we were known as the Wrexham School of Science and Art. We first started offering degrees in 1924 but we've come a long way since then.
As still one of the youngest universities in the UK, our mission is to inspire and enable; transforming people and places and driving economic, social and cultural success.
Grounded in our values is our Active Learning Framework (ALF). ALF supports flexible learning that makes best use of spaces on campus together with digitally-enabled learning opportunities designed to be accessed anytime, anywhere as appropriate. Even though things may be different, and we have to re-imagine how we study and how we work - our values and our commitment to our university community, our region and beyond still stand.
We are passionate advocates for lifelong learning and believe that background and circumstance should not be a barrier to engaging with higher education. We are dedicated to accessibility, fairness and inclusivity in how we teach, research and provide our services.
Wrexham Village offers purpose-built, on-campus accommodation for Wrexham Glyndŵr University students.
Wrexham Village accommodation features:
- 321 private en-suite bedrooms – choose from a single en-suite or single+ en-suite room (slightly larger room includes a 4ft bed - subject to availability).
- Unlimited wifi plus connection points in bedrooms and living areas.
- A flat-screen TV in communal kitchen/living areas.
- Utility bills and communal TV licence included*.
- Secure swipe card access.
- 24-hour on-campus security/maintenance and CCTV.
- Free, secure, on-campus parking.
- On-site coin-operated laundrette.
- Friendly, approachable staff on hand with an open door policy.
- Close proximity to public transport links – minutes’ walk away from train and bus stations.
- Retail park, supermarkets and town centre all nearby.
Be the first to write a review!