BS PsychologyWebster Leiden Campus - Webster University USA
All available course dates
The bachelor of science (BS) in psychology is designed to provide the biological, cognitive, personality and social contexts for understanding the behavior of individuals throughout their lifespan. Students who successfully complete the BS in psychology will have the foundation, research skills and data analysis expertise to succeed in a MA/PhD psychology graduate program (e.g. clinical psychology, experimental psychology, etc.).
Students graduating with a bachelor of science (BS) in psychology will need to pursue a graduate degree before they are able to obtain professional licensure. Students are encouraged to check entrance requirements for any post-graduate programs prior to finishing their BS at Webster in the event they need to take additional coursework.
- Official transcripts of the last 3 years of your secondary and all post-secondary education with certified English translations by an official translator of all documents in languages other than English. These transcripts must be certified with an original stamp by one of two authorities: the school that generated the transcript or the Ministry of Education in the school’s country. Webster University does not accept scanned copies. Should you apply before graduating, your admission status will be provisional until you submit a copy of your diploma and final transcripts when they become available.
- All applicants are asked to submit a 400-500 word essay on a topic of their choice. Most students take this opportunity to state why they would like to study at Webster University. You may also describe a special area of interest, experience or achievement. Additionally, you may also submit a resume of relevant academic, extracurricular and professional experience.Satisfactory scores on the Academic TOEFL examination (550/80) or Academic IELTS (6.0) examination. If you have attended an American/International/British school for 3 years or longer where the language of instruction was English, this requirement may be waived. If you attended an accredited institution in the United States for at least one year, as a full time student, this requirement will be waived. Webster University Leiden offers on campus TOEFL tests regularly throughout the year. If you will be taking a TOEFL test outside of Webster and would like to have your results automatically sent to us,
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor and/or employer. The letter should discuss your character and aptitude for university study.
- A copy of your passport’s biographical page, plus any current residence permit or visa for the Netherlands.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Psychology Core Requirements:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Careers in Psychology
- Introduction to Measurement and Statistics
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Sophomore Assessment
- Psychology and Ethics
- Advanced Statistics
- Senior Thesis
- Senior Capstone: History, Philosophy, and Systems of Psychology
- Senior Assessment
- Psychology electives
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the universitywebsite for more information.
- Full-time fee for fall and spring semesters: €8,100 per semester.
- Part-time fee for the summer term: €500 per credit hour and €1,500 per 3-credit hour.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Describe the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and historical trends in psychology.
- Implement the use of scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena and demonstrate the ability to to interpret, design and conduct basic psychological research using statistical analyses.
- Apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice and apply those standards to build and enhance interpersonal relationships locally and globally.
- Demonstrate effective writing, exhibit effective presentation skills and interact effectively with others.
- Discuss occupational pursuits available in a variety of settings given their psychological knowledge, skills and values.
- Detail the biological and genetic underpinnings of human behavior.
- Develop a research hypothesis based on the available literature in psychology and then collect, analyze and interpret data to address the question
Webster University Leiden is the only accredited American University in The Netherlands and produces top-notch graduates each year. Watch this video to learn more about what makes these graduates so unique!
About this institute
Webster Leiden Campus- Webster University USA
Webster Leiden Campus is the only institute of higher education in the Netherlands offering American accredited degrees (both a BA/BS and MA/MBA education). Webster's mission in the Netherlands is to enrich the lives of global citizens by offering a flexible,...
Want to know more about BS Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...