Multimedia and Internet TechnologiesVytautas Magnus University
About this program
Multimedia and Internet Technologies
The aim of the program Multimedia and Internet Technologies is to educate highly qualified IT specialists who can apply mathematics, engineering sciences, and the latest IT and design knowledge and practical skills while developing multimedia and internet media products. Acquired general engineering, specialized technical and art knowledge and practical skills in areas such as digital video and audio synthesis, spatial object modeling, visualization and animation, multimedia systems design, will enable graduates to integrate into an increasingly demanding, and continuously growing market for new technologies, creating new niches and new products in it, will give confidence to independently initiate and develop new cyberspace projects and products.
So, if you want to:
- Construct virtual and augmented 3D environments.
- Develop computer games, transmedia comics, video and audio materials.
- Create music, design and art installations using contemporary media.
- Build the internet of tomorrow.
- Become creators of our virtual future.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Multimedia and Internet Technologies programme!
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE) 161-180, BEC Vantage 161-180, Michigan ECCE (min. 650), PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310, Duolingo 100-125, EnglishScore 400-499) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Admission score is counted based on: Mathematics*0.4 + English *0.3 + Motivation letter *0.3
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee per year: 3727 Eur.
Graduates of the study Program are be able to:
- Analyze the latest information technology development trends and link them with the development of new information products and services.
- Identify and analyze new problems and plan strategies for their solution, apply logical thinking and algorithmic skills.
- Analyze and evaluate the new trends of multimedia systems technology and arts.
- Analyze and critically evaluate Internet and multimedia projects from an ethical, social, economic, and safety point of view.
- Specify, design, and implement Internet systems of various complexity using modern multimedia technologies.
- Specify, design, and implement multimedia systems at technical and software levels.
- Apply knowledge of engineering basics, mathematics, and physics in computer animation and multimedia systems.
- Apply knowledge of art theories in multimedia projects.
- Analyze and critically evaluate aesthetic aspects of multimedia systems and products.
- Apply knowledge of traditional and modern media in the development of Internet and multimedia products and services.
- Use information retrieval, systematization, processing, security technologies.
- Professionally use the modern media technologies (photography, video, audio, etc.).
- Communicate professionally, clearly present the results and conclusions of the work to various audiences in writing and orally.
- Learn and work systematically and independently, continuously grow professional skills, be initiative and responsible.
- Demonstrate creativity in solving professional tasks and problems.
Graduates of the program can work in:
- Various organizations developing products and services in the fields of information, electronics, communication technologies.
- Advertising and design agencies.
- Public information and communication companies.
- Other organizations such as public sector institutions, business companies, NGOs.
- Or continue master studies in Lithuanian or foreign higher educations.
Message the school
About this institute
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU)
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university that was established in 1922. VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and one of the few in the region where a wide liberal arts education is imparted. This means that...
Why study at Vytautas Magnus University
FACTS & FIGURES:
12 academic subdivisions - Economics & Management | Political Science & Diplomacy | Arts | Humanities | Social Sciences | Natural Sciences | Informatics | Law | Catholic Theology | Music Academy | Education Academy | Agricultural Academy
- 9000 students - 15% international students from over 80 countries
- 30 - bachelor & master’s degree study programmes taught in English
- 800 partnerships - student and staff exchange possibilities with scholarships in over 82 countries all around the world
30 foreign languages - ranging from Ancient, New Testament and Modern Greek to Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Danish, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, old and modern Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish
18 joint and double degree study programmes - organized together with partner universities in Germany, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Kazakhstan and other countries.
VMU scholars and graduates:
Decision-makers, scientists, artists, policy definers, discoverers, and contributors to the public welfare.
Vytautas Magnus University
Want to know more about Multimedia and Internet Technologies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!