About this program
PhD in Civil Engineering
Doctoral study is based on research in civil engineering. Students are working in one of areas: concrete and concrete structures, steel structures, reliability and durability of structures, transport structures building environment, urban planning.
Obtaining ability and knowledge to work as a researchers in civil engineering
- diploma (follow-up) master’s degree;
- diploma supplement;
- a document proving the fulfilment of the condition of proper completion of studies in (follow-up) master degree program if education was obtained abroad (not applicable equivalent documents, e.g. from the Slovak Republic).
- language certificate. The applicant is required to demonstrate their ability to study in the chosen language. In the case of studying in the Czech language, it is sufficient to submit a proof of university degree completed in the Czech or Slovak language; otherwise the applicant must submit a certificate proving their knowledge of the Czech language at B1 level. In the case of studying in the English language, it is sufficient to submit a proof of university degree completed in the English language; otherwise the applicant must submit a certificate proving their knowledge of English at B1 level (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS). If the information on teaching in English is not given on the document of previous education, it is necessary to provide the so-called "Medium of instruction".
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced building technologies
- Advanced methods of building foundation
- Basic Methods of Statistical Data Analysis in Practice
- Building materials
- Design of Advanced Transport System
- Dynamics and experiemental testing of building structures
- Ecological and economical efficiency of spatial and spatial planning tools
- English Language Dr.
- French Language Dr.
- Geotechnical risks
- German Language Dr.
- Life cycle management of buildings
- Linear Algebra
- Masonry and Composite Structures
- Mathematical Methods and Tools for Reliability and Risk Analysis
- Metal and composite structures
- Microstructure of building materials
- Modeling of Building Physical Phenomena
- Numerical Methods
- Numerical modelling of civil engineering structures
- Protection and restoration of historic buildings
- Reinforced and prestressed concrete structures
- Reliability and safety of structures
- Russian Language Dr.
- Secondary Raw Materials
- Selected chapters from Civil engineering
- Spanish Language Dr.
- Special problems of building mechanics
- Structures exposed to the effects of extreme loads
- Subsoil-Structure Interaction
- Technical and economic modeling and decision-making processes
- Theory and aesthetics of architecture
- Timber structures
- Traffic Engineering Applications for Design of Constructions
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava for more information.
Tuition fee: 500 CZK per semester, approx. 20 EUR per academic year
Ability to lead small teams, top present results of research.
Researcher, expert designer.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about PhD in Civil Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!