About this program
Masters in Electrical Power Engineering
The aim of the two-year master’s course in Electrical Power Engineering is to educate engineers with a broad base of knowledge both of theory and of practical applications from the whole field of electrical power engineering, with the possibility of continuing to develop the acquired knowledge in doctoral studies. The graduates of the course are able to deal with both operational technical and research issues in the sphere of the production, transmission, distribution, and use of electrical energy, including an orientation focus on electrical machines and apparatus. The link to electrical power engineering companies and industrial partners is used both in the teaching, in the form of lectures given by experts from practice, and in the implementation of theses.
- Electricity safety
- Electrical machines and appliances
- Knowledge of electroenergetics in transport
- Electroenergetic devices
- Renewable energy sources
- Design of electrical devices
- Energy balances
- Orientation in electrotechnical, construction, and building diagrams
- Design of non-rotating electrical machines
- Orientation in the field of thermal energy equipment
- Measurement of electrical quantities
- Lighting systems
- Design of rotating electrical machines
- LV networks and wiring in buildings
- Creation of technical reports in the field of electrical engineering
- Electricity networks
- Distribution networks
- Electrothermal devices
- Design of lighting
Criteria for Admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Electrical Power Engineering Theory
- Electrical Protections
- Functions of Complex Variable and Integral Transformations
- Safety in Electrical Engineering
- Selected Principles of Electrical Power Engineering
- Energy Problems of Electrical Heating Equipment
- Transient Effects in Electrical Systems
- Diploma Project I
- Diploma Project II
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 4000 EUR per academic year
Graduates of the continuation Master’s study program demonstrate:
- a broad knowledge and understanding of the subject and scope of the discipline corresponding to the contemporary state of the knowledge.
- a wide and/or deep knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and methods appropriate to the contemporary state of knowledge of the discipline.
- an understanding of the possibilities, conditions and restrictions on the use of knowledge of related disciplines.
Graduates of the continuation Master’s study program are able to:
- using their expertise, independently identify and creatively solve theoretical or practical problems in the field.
- solve complex problems independently and creatively using selected theories, concepts and methods of the discipline.
- use some of the advanced research methods of the discipline in a way which enables the acquisition of new and original information.
Graduates of Electrical Power Engineering are able to solve operational and technical problems in the production, transmission, distribution and use of electricity. Graduates will find jobs in managerial and executive positions in the phase of installation, commissioning, maintenance and operation of electrical equipment, in technical, design, investment and operating departments of power plants and transmission and distribution companies, power dispatch centres, departments of preparation and operation of the power grid, in the technical, design, investment, installation and operational units of industrial plants, in the use of electricity in industry, in addressing the issues of electric drives, electro-thermal equipment, electric lighting of indoor and outdoor spaces, as well as in testing, technical inspection and in research and development institutes.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Masters in Electrical Power Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!