The Program in Geology is built on the base of geological complexity which is characteristic of the region. It is designed to prepare the highly qualified universal Geologists professionals, whose intellectual and practical skills match to the requirements of modern Geosciences and knowledge-based technologies. The graduates will be able:
- To demonstrate and apply a comprehensive geological knowledge and understanding and effectively apply it in scientific investigations and practical activities
- To analyze critically and systematically evaluate information and data
- To develop and implement the research innovations in areas related to the Geosciences in complex environmental research and various economic development areas
- Independently solve the geological problems in the context of modern science achievements
- Compete in the national and international labor market.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in study areas such as Geology, Physical Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Life Sciences, Social Sciences in History and Archeology.
- English language proficiency – the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
For more information about program content, please visit the institute's main website.
The tuition fee is 4234 EUR/year.
Scholarships & funding
For more information please send us an information request or visit our website.
The graduate from the Program is equipped with knowledge of essential principles of interactions between different geological processes and geological study objects, is able to evaluate the consequences of geological processes in the changing geo-environment.
The Graduate of the Program is able to pursue a career at enterprises, research, and state institutions dealing with scientific and practical geological activities and investigations, exploration of natural resources, environmental research, regulation, exploitation and protection of underground resources, territorial planning; to continue studies of higher (Doctoral) level in Geology and the other natural sciences in Lithuania and abroad. The acquired knowledge, cognitive, practical and transitional skills provide sufficient background for further studies for of scientific specialization, in the sphere of business, management and other.
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 of universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2018). More than 20,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about Geology (MA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...