About this program
English Philology (BA)
The program offers the students solid written and spoken communication skills for workplace success in English (C1–C2), fundamentals in English linguistics, literature, and culture of the English-speaking countries. The curriculum includes a diverse range of course units designed to help students to develop their language skills, advanced writing, speaking and research skills needed to become successful. The students also acquire a range of soft skills by cultivating their analytical and critical thinking, problem-solving and rhetorical skills, gaining knowledge of culture and history, which will allow them to understand the complex modern world today.
Chat live with students from Vilnius University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Vilnius University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
The applicants must submit:
- The graduation documents
- Official documents translations
- Motivation letter
- English language proficiency certificate (B2 level)
In addition, all applicants have to fulfil general admission requirements. For more information, please visit our website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Modern English I
- English Phonetics and Presentations
- English Grammar I
- Introduction to Linguistics
- British History
- Ancient Literature
- Modern English II
- English Lexicology and Lexicography
- English Grammar II
- Introduction to Literary Theory
- Modern English III
- Contemporary Linguistics: Theories and Research Methods
- English Grammar III
- Modern English IV
- Literary Theory and Practice
- Introduction to Semantics
- History of the 18th-19th century English Literature
- English Literary History of the 20th century
- Writing a BA Research Paper
- Final Bachelor Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition price is 3524 EUR/year.
Credit points: 240 ECTS
Qualification awarded: Bachelor in Humanities
- analyse, synthesise, summarise and discuss the main principles underlying the structure and use of language;
- show awareness of different frameworks of literary and cultural theory and apply them in literary text analysis;
- interpret the historical and cultural background of English-speaking countries;
- communicate in English at an advanced level (C1–C2) as well as use ESP (English for Specific Purposes) and EAP (Academic English) skills (writing reports, reviews, research papers and other genres) and apply their skills in translation;
- carry out linguistic/ literary research.
A degree in English Philology can lead to successful careers in a wide variety of fields:
- Graduates work in translation, public relations, journalism, teaching, research, literary and film criticism, content editing, marketing, law, economics, working for foreign embassies, government and European Union institutions etc.
- English major can also work as a private tutor or a secondary school teacher, provided he/she holds a teacher’s professional qualification acquired after completing a Minor or a post-diploma study program in subject pedagogy (ESL).
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2021). More than 21,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors and...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about English Philology (BA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Bloomington, United States of America