About this program
Bachelor of Social Sciences - Creative Industries
CI study programme prepares specialists of creative industries "media" and "applied creativity" sectors (advertising, marketing, public relations, multimedia, television, film, press and other). The bachelors of communication may be employed at the private enterprises that provide creative services: marketing, public relations, advertising, design, event organizing, culture and arts projects (television, video, internet, photography, music media, video games) as well as in marketing and public relations departments of various organizations.
Creative Industry study programme is interdisciplinary. The curriculum is designed to give basic knowledge about complexity of the sector of Creative industry. The content is based on five compulsory subject blocks:
- Communication and Media Theory (Media Theory, Communication Theory, Business Communication, Visual Communication, Communication of Contemporary Art etc.)
- Culture studies (Popular culture production, Philosophy, Audiovisual media, City Studies, Culture policy, Media ethics etc.)
- Sociology (Sociology, Quantitative research methods, Qualitative research methods)
- Media (Media production, Digital Image Technology, Design of Multimedia elements etc)
- Management and Business (Management of creative projects, Media projects, Advertising, Entreprneurship fundamentals for creative industries, Finance management, Marketing etc)
- Content strategies (Journalism, Public relations etc).
The block of optional subjects (Photography, Audiovisual projects, Creative writing, Script writing etc) provides opportunity to specialize and apply knowledge in a certain area.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the University website for more information.
2700 EUR per year
For EU citizens same prices as for local students apply
- Knowledge of main communication theories and the ability to apply them in a creative way, taking into consideration the peculiarities of communication services.
- Knowledge of business communication strategies and their application in creative communication projects.
- Knowledge of art and visual communication integration possibilities into the development of communication products for the media (Radio, Television, the Internet).
- Knowledge of information technologies and media possibilities in the development of communication products and services.
- The ability to carry out a preliminary research, purposefully choosing the optimal methods and tools; to analyze and publish research results.
- The ability to formulate and realize the communication solutions of particular companies, creatively integrating artistic tools, taking into consideration the needs of various audiences and target groups.
- The ability to initiate and implement creative communication projects both individually and in teams.
- The ability to convey information, integrating informational communication technologies and the media possibilities.
- The ability to communicate with both creative team members and society, when developing and presenting results of creative activities.
- The ability to take full responsibility for the quality of the creative projects participants' activity quality, in compliance with both professional ethics and citizenship.
- The ability to plan and organize one's own communication activities, taking into consideration the undergoing processes in the environment.
- The ability to foresee and assess the impact of one's own activities on the social, economic, cultural development.
Message the school
About this institute
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (Vilnius Tech) located in Lithuania provides an innovative and responsive learning environment for international students. Offering programs at a bachelor, master, and PhD level, Vilnius Tech's diverse range of programs cater to students from around the...
Why study at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
- European Higher Education Area
- High quality degree studies and internationally recognized diplomas
- Study programmes in English language
- Exchange and placement programmes in more than 400 partner institutions around the world
- Scholarship programmes
- Relatively low living costs
- Friendly, liberal and safe study and living environment
Want to know more about Bachelor of Social Sciences - Creative Industries? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!