Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
We expect that our Psychology graduating students will have:
- A basic knowledge of psychology and related fields.
- The ability to evaluate the assumptions, purposes, methods, and results of psychological research and scholarship.
- Skills in teamwork, leadership, writing, speaking and listening, especially concerning psychology-related topics.
Program Specific Degree Requirements
Plan A (thesis)
In addition to the general requirements specified in this Catalog, the following are required: (1) successful completion and oral defense of a thesis; (2) PSYC 5060. Statistical Methods in Psychology - 3 hours or STAT 5050. Statistical Methods in Biological Science - 3 hours; PSYC 5300. Applied Multivariate Analysis - 3 hours or STAT 5055. Statistical Methods for Biologists II - 3 hours; PSYC 5520. Research Design in Psychology - 3 hours; (3) at least 9 hours in 5000-level courses exclusive of those listed above and exclusive of research and thesis research credit.
A minimum of 30 semester hours is required (26 coursework hours and 4 thesis hours).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- General Psychology
- Research Psychological Methods
- Biological Psychology
- Drugs and Behavior
- Developmental Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Moral Development
- Health Psychology
- Psychology of Gender
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Physiological Psychology
- Cognitive Development
- Sensation and Perception
- Psychological Aspects of Chronic Illness
- Adolescent Development
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Intellectual Disability
- Psychology of Adulthood
- Criminal Psychopathology
- Death and Dying
- Personality Science
- Principles of Psychological Testing
- Introduction to Clinical Psychology
- Psychology and Law
- Advanced Social Psychology
- Child Maltreatment
- Psychology of Human Sexuality
- Senior Thesis
- Field Work in Psychology
- Undergraduate Research in Psychology
- Service-Learning in Psychology
- Statistical Methods In Psychology
- Statistical Computation In Psychology
- Neuropsychology of Human Behavior
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
- Advanced Physiological Psychology
- Advanced Cognitive Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology Seminar
- Applied Multivariate Analysis
- Introduction To Clinical Supervision
- Graduate Seminar in Forensic Psychology
- Psychology/Law Proseminar
- Theories and Techniques of Psycotherapy
- Clinical Assessment I
- Clinical Assessment II
- Diagnostic Interviewing
- Clinical Neuropsychological Assessment
- Clinical Practicum
- Advanced Clinical Practicum
- Empirically Supported Psychotherapies
- Psychopathology I
- Psychopathology II
- Introduction To Research
- Clinical Seminar
- Advanced Social Cognition
- Clinical Supervised Practicum I
- Practicum in Clinical Supervision II
- Theories of Social Psychology
- Advanced Social Development
- Internship in Clinical Psychology
- Graduate Seminar
- Developmental Psychology Seminar
- Social Psychology Seminar
- Clerkship in Clinical Psychology
- Research in General Psychology
- Research in Psychology and Law
- Research in Clinical Psychology
- Research in Developmental Psychology
- Research Cognitive Psychology
- Continuing Registration: On Campus
- Continuing Registration: Off Campus
- Enrichment Studies
- Thesis Research
- Dissertation Research
About this institute
University of Wyoming
The University of Wyoming is located in the safe and inviting college town of Laramie, Wyoming. Laramie is a community located about two hours north of the large, metropolitan city of Denver, Colorado. Laramie is nestled in a valley at...
Want to know more about Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...