MA Social Work
The MA in Social Work delivers a professional qualification combined with an academic award. Successful completion of the course means individuals are eligible to apply to join the Social Work England register which is a requirement in order to practice as a social worker in England.
This course is approved by Social Work England.
Chat live with students from UoW
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Worcester? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Before applying candidates should possess the following:
- An Honours Degree at 2:1 or above in a relevant degree
- GCSE English Language & Maths grade C/4 or above (or a certifiable equivalent)
- Satisfactory occupational health clearance
- Satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
- A minimum of three months contemporary, relevant practice experience verified by reference
- Candidates whose first language is not English must have a minimum standard of English at IELTS level 7, with no element below level 6.5
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Modules - year 1
- Fundamentals of practice
- Theories, approaches and skills
- Applied law and policy for social workers
- Assessment and safeguarding
- Human growth and developing capability
- Practice - developing capability
Modules - year 2
- Complex practice
- Practice - achieving capability
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: 4,200 per year
- International students: 10,900 per year
On successful completion of the course you will be eligible to apply to join the Social Work England register and seek employment as a qualified social worker in a variety of organisations in the statutory, voluntary and independent sectors.
The program works closely with Worcestershire and Hereford Councils to enhance employment opportunities on completion of the degree.
To date graduates have demonstrated a good record in gaining employment.
About this institute
University of Worcester
Founded in 1946, the University of Worcester is a public campus based university located in the charming city of Worcester - where lively city culture and idyllic rural beauty combine to offer the best of both worlds. The University of...
Want to know more about MA Social Work? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...