BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition & Psychology
This Joint Honours degree will provide you with an extensive knowledge of nutritional principles, alongside a critical interpretation of people’s psychological behaviour.
The Human Nutrition program offers you the opportunity to explore the connections between food constituents, diet and health, with an emphasis on practical experience and real life scenarios. You will look in detail at the functions of nutrients and other bioactive compounds.
From forensic or clinical psychology to counselling or business psychology, the Psychology course offers flexibility to allow you to specialise, whilst still gaining a more generalised overview of the subject.
Chat live with students from UoW
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Worcester? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- 112 UCAS Tariff points
In addition Human Nutrition asks for:
- 104 UCAS Tariff points MUST include A2 Biology and A2 another Science e.g. Chemistry
- 112 UCAS Tariff points MUST include A2 Biology and AS another Science
- 116 UCAS Tariff points MUST include AS Biology and A2 another Science
- 120 UCAS Tariff points MUST include AS Biology
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Cell Biology
- Introduction to Human Nutrition
- Introduction to Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Investigating Psychology
- Professional Skills and Practice
- Applied Psychology 1: Performance, Health and Wellbeing
- Applied Psychology 2: Forensic and Therapeutia Settings
- The Food Supply Chain
- Project & Career Development
- Integrated Human Metabolism
- Work Experience
- Systems Physiology I
- Cognitive Neuroscience and Biological Approaches
- The Individual and the Social World
- Research Skills in Psychology
- Psychology in the Real World
- Evolution and Human Behaviour
- Nutrition through the Human Life Cycle
- Research Project
- Public Health Nutrition
- Human Nutrition & Disease Modulation
- Business Psychology
- Coaching Psychology
- Coaching Skills in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Living with Long Term Conditions
- Social Cognition & Emotion
- Understanding Trauma & Violence
- Negotiated Topics in Psychology
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Mode and/or site of Delivery: Face to Face delivery of theoretical and practical work with some blended learning via Blackboard. All modules delivered on the sites of the University of Worcester.
- Tuition fee for full-time students: £9,250 per year
- Tuition fee for part-time students: £1,156 per 15-credit module, £1,542 per 20 credit module, £2,313 per 30-credit module, £3,083 per 40-credit module, £3,469 per 45-credit module and £4,625 per 60 credit module.
- Tuition fee for full-time students: £13,100 per year
Nutritionists who can look at evidence and make measured and reasoned judgements are required in scientific and health fields, but also in the media, as nutritional journalists and presenters; in retailing, as managers of health food shops and as advisors in the larger supermarkets; and in finance, to ensure there is a balanced view relating to new food technology and that any risks are neither under nor over-stated. Many other openings are also available in such areas as: education (healthy school food program), food production (advisors to growers and animal husbandry), and food provision (advisors or trainers of catering staff).
A degree with Psychology is highly favoured by employers, giving you an excellent advantage in the job market. Previous graduates have gone into roles as diverse as management, human resources, teaching, and healthcare or art therapy.
About this institute
University of Worcester
Founded in 1946, the University of Worcester is a public campus based university located in the charming city of Worcester - where lively city culture and idyllic rural beauty combine to offer the best of both worlds. The University of...
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition & Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...