Master of Applied Science (Agricultural Science)
This course provides you with the opportunity to acquire advanced current knowledge in Agricultural Science. In addition, you will develop a capacity for independent research and problem-solving that can lead to workplace research and/or a degree by higher research (Masters or PhD).
At the completion of the course you will have:
- Established a strong understanding of a range of agricultural disciplines including crop and pasture production, animal science, horticultural science, soil science and land management, entomology and plant pathology;
- Developed analytical laboratory skills appropriate to various disciplines of agricultural science;
- Developed advanced skills in accessing, critically evaluating and communicating the outputs of current, peer-reviewed literature;
- Developed an understanding and the skills required to structure a funding application for a research project;
- Demonstrated competence in experimental design, research methods, data analysis and critical thinking, appropriate to a future career in research;
- Demonstrated the ability to produce original written work, as evidenced by a research thesis.
International students must provide an IELTS (Academic) test score of at least Band 6 with a minimum of 6.0 on all bands. Please refer to the Entry Requirements page for further information.
All applicants must:
- Demonstrate their qualification was conferred no longer that 10 years previously;
- Provide evidence in their application of laboratory skills to a standard set by the discipline area; and.
- Provide a written statement of purpose outlining the reasons for their chosen specialisation. Please note that the statement must be no more than 500 words in length and be written in your own words.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Schedule A and B
- Pasture and Animal Science
- Soil Formation, Function and Fertility
- Crop Physiology
- Animal Production Systems
- Lower Life Forms: Insects and Plant Diseases
- Microbes and Man
- Crop Production
- Experimental Design and Analysis for Agri-Food Research
- Crop Protection
- Farming Systems and Business Management
- Insect Ecology and Behaviour
- Agricultural Technology and Innovation
- Animal Science
- Plant Pathology
- Horticultural Science
- Agricultural Landscape Systems
- Advanced Food Safety Management
- Food Microbiology
- Soil Science
- Applied Environmental Microbiology
- Industry Analysis and Adoption
- Literature Review
- Value Chain Innovation
- Master of Applied Science Project (Part A)
- Master of Applied Science Project (Part B)
- Master of Applied Science (Agricultural Science) Thesis A
- Master of Applied Science (Agricultural Science) Thesis B
- Case Studies in Agriculture
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
About this institute
University of Tasmania
Tasmania is a place unlike any other. Our island is a living laboratory where environment, industry and society are uniquely connected. With 45% of the island being National Park or World Heritage listed it is a stunning place to get...
Why study at University of Tasmania
Australia ranked #2 study abroad country
Australia has been ranked the #2 study abroad country in the world for 2020! With everything from the tranquility of the Gold Coast beaches to the adventure of the Australian Alps, take a trip “Down Under” and discover why Australia is a great choice for an exceptional study abroad experience.
Tasmania is unique and so are Tasmanians. We believe in our island. We embrace the unusual. And we love imagination.
From our vibrant cities to the stillness of our World Heritage-listed wilderness, our incredible island is a place of contrasts – and we embrace its character in everything we do.
We offer great courses in an extraordinary location, and our teaching is supported by world-leading research, so you know you’re getting direct access to the best expertise. We’re the only university in the state, which means you will get unparalleled access to industry connections through our institution’s partnerships.
Want to know more about Master of Applied Science (Agricultural Science)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...