MSc Games Development
The MSc Games Development course provides students with a higher-level understanding and direct professional experience through a multidisciplinary approach across commercial game projects.
This course is ideal for graduates who have completed our BA (Hons) Computer Games Design or BSc (Hons) Computer Games Programming undergraduates degree, as well as those who have graduated from other related technical and creative subject areas who are wanting to enter the video games industry.
Applicants are expected to hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject area of 2:2 or higher.
All applicants are required to hold GCSE English and Math's at Grade C/4 or above. Applicants who do not hold these qualifications may be considered on an individual basis based upon their overall application and the course applied for.
For those applicants studying A-Level & BTEC, we require 112 UCAS points, which equates to BBC (A-Level) or DMM (BTEC). To find out more about country specific requirements please visit our web-page or send us an information request
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Development Management (mandatory)
- Visual Scripting (mandatory)
- Group Project 1 - Rapid Prototyping (mandatory)
- Group Project 2 - Specialist Project (mandatory)
- Individual Learning Plan (mandatory)
- Research Methods (mandatory)
- Final Project (mandatory)
Scholarships & funding
- International Scholarships: £1,000
- EU Scholarships: £4,590 per year
- Full-time Tuition Fees: £8,865 p.a.
- Part-time Tuition Fees: £985 per 20 credits (please contact the Info zone for further information).
- International / EU Tuition Fees: £13,725 per year
Work-based practice is embedded throughout the duration of the course. All modules will relate to work-based learning, relating to commercial management processes or understanding production within a working environment. This will enhance employability and give graduates a greater understanding of games development within the work place.
Graduates can progress in to a range of careers including: Game program, Games Designer, Games Artist, Quality Assurance, Serious Games Developer and Gamification Developer to name a few.
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Why study at University of Suffolk
We're confident you would quickly feel at home on our beautiful waterfront campus along the famous sunshine coast of Suffolk. Our campus is stylish, modern and compact, surrounded by restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, as well as historic and cultural hotspots. Established in 2016, we are one of the newest universities in the country, which enables us to be dynamic and forward thinking in our approach. Our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we pride ourselves on consistently featuring within the top 10 for 'student experience' polls. Our students are taught by expert academics and industry professionals rather than graduate teachers, which is common practice in many universities. Teaching typically takes place in small classes and is supplemented by all the contact time and personal support you need.
- Choose from over 200 Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes recognised all over the world
- Live in a multi-cultural student town, located only 1 hour 20 minutes away from London by train
- Enjoy living and studying on a small yet functional campus, where class sizes are purposely designed to ensure your academic experience is intimate and personal to you
- Our wonderful team of staff will support your entire Academic journey – from Application through to graduation – and everything in between
Want to know more about MSc Games Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...