BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning
Designed in consultation with our professional sport partners, our BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning degree provides you with the standard of theory and practical experience demanded by the elite sport industry.
The course provides you with research informed teaching and learning, as well as extensive practical skills. You will learn about the physical development of athletes, player conditioning, functional movement assessments, injury prevention and rehabilitation, as well as sports nutrition and physiology. As your course progresses, you can tailor your degree with optional modules, to suit your interests and career ambitions.
IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
For those applicants studying A-Level & BTEC, we require 112 UCAS points, which equates to BBC (A-Level) or DMM (BTEC). To find out more about country specific requirements please visit our web-page or send us an information request
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Strength and Conditioning
- Introduction to Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Mechanics of Human Movement
- Principles of Coaching
- Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Science in Sport
- Applied Strength and Conditioning (Double Module)
- Exercise Physiology (Optional)
- Sport and Exercise Biomechanics (Optional)
- Energy, Nutrition and Exercise Performance (Optional)
- Research Methods for Sport and Exercise Science
- Statistics for Sport and Exercise Science
- Mechanics of Strength and Conditioning
- Advanced Strength and Conditioning
- Ergonomics in Sport (Optional)
- Clinical Exercise Biomechanics (Optional)
- Sports Performance Physiology (Optional)
- Applied Nutrition for Sport Performance (Optional)
- Reflective Practice for Sports Professionals
- Full-time tuition fee: £9,250 p.a.
- Part-time tuition fee: £1,454 per 20 credits (Please contact the Info zone for further information)
- International tuition fee: £13,330 p.a.
Our graduates have moved on to fantastic careers. Currently, in elite sport science, we have graduates working for Arsenal FC and Ipswich Town FC, and elite sport science providers in the United States of America. In clinical exercise science, other graduates work for the prestigious Papworth Hospital as clinical and exercise physiologists, and Allied Health Professionals as exercise rehabilitation specialists. Some of our graduates have successful teaching careers, in physical education, biology, chemistry and physics subjects. Your exposure to world-leading sport science facilities will ensure you and your CV are ‘career ready’.
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.