BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise ScienceUniversity of Suffolk
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
All available course dates
About this program
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
The course is made up of the three main areas of Sport and Exercise Science: Physiology, Psychology and Biomechanics. Those three main subject areas each split into sport performance science, and clinical exercise and health science. As your course progresses, you can tailor your degree to your preferences, choosing subjects that interest you most, or will give you the best possible chance in your chosen career path.
IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
For those applicants studying A-Level & BTEC, we require 112 UCAS points, which equates to BBC (A-Level) or DMM (BTEC). To find out more about country specific requirements please visit our web-page or send us an information request
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Sport and Exercise Physiology (Mandatory)
- Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology (Mandatory)
- Mechanics of Human Movement (Mandatory)
- Anatomy for Sport and Exercise Science (Mandatory)
- Science in Sport (Mandatory)
- Motor Control and Skill Acquisition (Mandatory)
- Exercise Physiology (Mandatory)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology (Mandatory)
- Sport and Exercise Biomechanics (Mandatory)
- Research Methods for Sport and Exercise Science (Mandatory)
- Statistics for Sport and Exercise Science (Mandatory)
- Energy, Nutrition and Exercise Performance (Optional)
- Physical Activity and Exercise Behavior (Optional)
- Dissertation (Mandatory)
- Sports Performance Physiology (Optional)
- Clinical Exercise Physiology (Optional)
- Applied Sport Psychology (Optional)
- Applications of Exercise Psychology (Optional)
- Ergonomics in Sport (Optional)
- Clinical Exercise Biomechanics (Optional)
- Applied Nutrition for Sport Performance (Optional)
- Obesity and Energy Homeostasis (Optional)
Scholarships & funding
- Vice Chancellor's Global Impact Scholarship: £4,000
- International Merit Scholarship: £1000-2,000
- Suffolk Executive MBA Scholarship: £4,000
- Full-time Tuition Fees: £9,250 p.a.
- Part-time Tuition Fees: £1,454 per 20 credit module (Please contact the Info zone for further information).
- International / EU Tuition Fees: £12,150 per year
Our graduates have moved on to fantastic careers. Currently, in elite sport science, we have graduates working for Arsenal FC and Ipswich Town FC, and elite sport science providers in the United States of America. In clinical exercise science, other graduates work for the prestigious Papworth Hospital as clinical and exercise physiologists, and Allied Health Professionals as exercise rehabilitation specialists. Some of our graduates have successful teaching careers, in physical education, biology, chemistry and physics subjects. Your exposure to world-leading sport and exercise science facilities will ensure you and your CV are ‘career ready’.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Why study at University of Suffolk
We're confident you would quickly feel at home on our beautiful waterfront campus along the famous sunshine coast of Suffolk. Our campus is stylish, modern and compact, surrounded by restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, as well as historic and cultural hotspots. Established in 2016, we are one of the newest universities in the country, which enables us to be dynamic and forward thinking in our approach. Our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we pride ourselves on consistently featuring within the top 10 for 'student experience' polls. Our students are taught by expert academics and industry professionals rather than graduate teachers, which is common practice in many universities. Teaching typically takes place in small classes and is supplemented by all the contact time and personal support you need.
- Choose from over 200 Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes recognised all over the world
- Live in a multi-cultural student town, located only 1 hour 20 minutes away from London by train
- Enjoy living and studying on a small yet functional campus, where class sizes are purposely designed to ensure your academic experience is intimate and personal to you
- Our wonderful team of staff will support your entire Academic journey – from Application through to graduation – and everything in between
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!