BA (Hons) English Literature with LanguageUniversity of Suffolk
BA (Hons) English Literature with Language
Study English Literature with Language at the University of Suffolk and you will focus on the areas you enjoy by combining the study of literature with language. Share a love of literature in a learning environment which supports and encourages independent thinking, academic rigour and creative excellence. Explore linguistics, phonology and semantics alongside a critical examination of a range of literary texts. Develop industry knowledge through partnerships with local schools, businesses and arts organizations.
112 UCAS tariff points (or above), BBC (A-Level), DMM (BTEC).
Applicants are expected to hold A-Level English at grade C or above.
All applicants are required to hold GCSE English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above. Applicants who do not hold these qualifications may be considered on an individual basis based upon their overall application and the course applied for.
IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Literary Criticism: Theory into Practice
- Staging Scandal: Classical to Contemporary Drama
- Skills for English
- Poetry Matters
- Critical Theory
- Language Development and Disorders
- Textual Afterlives: Adapting Literature and Film
- Shakespeare’s Sceptred Isle: Power and Performance
- Transgressive Lines: Poetry in the Seventeenth Century
- Versions of Modernism
- Structures of Spoken English
- Laboratory Phonology
- Dissertation in English
- Researching Spoken Language
- After the Apocalypse: Writing the Contemporary
- Dialects in Literature and Film
- Stranger Things: Young Adult Fiction
- Education Research and Practice
- Professional Writing Research and Practice
- Full-time tuition fee: £9,250 p.a.
- Part-time tuition fee: £1,454 per 20 credits (Please contact the Info zone for further information)
- International tuition fee: £11,790 p.a.
The BA (Hons) English Literature with Language offers two professional practice modules: English Education Practice and Professional Writing Practice. You may undertake these modules in your final year of study to enhance your employability skills and build effective relationships with local schools, businesses and arts organizations.
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) English Literature with Language? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.