Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
BA (Hons) English and Creative Writing
Study English Literature with Creative Writing at the University of Suffolk and you will be adding your voice to a thriving literary and artistic community. The BA (Hons) English Literature with Creative Writing course enables students to specialize as writers, critics, and practitioners.
First-year modules introduce a variety of theoretical perspectives, while practice-based approaches to narrative and poetry develop confidence in the creation of new writings under the guidance of practicing and published authors. Second-year modules in the short story and adaptation studies consolidate critical approaches to literature through the practice of writing and adapting literary texts.
IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
For those applicants studying A-Level & BTEC, we require 112 UCAS points, which equates to BBC (A-Level) or DMM (BTEC). To find out more about country specific requirements please visit our web-page or send us an information request
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Starting Points in Creative Writing
- Literary Criticism: Theory into Practice
- Staging Scandal: Classical to Contemporary Drama
- Skills for English
- Poetry Matters
- Critical Theory
- Textual Afterlives: Adapting Literature and Film
- The Short Story
- Shakespeare’s Sceptred Isle: Power and Performance
- Transgressive Lines: Poetry in the Seventeenth Century
- Versions of Modernism
- Master Class in Fiction: The Novel
- Advanced Critical Theory
- Dissertation in English
- Dissertation in Creative Writing
- Get a Life! Writing Autobiography
- After the Apocalypse: Writing the Contemporary
- Stranger Things: Young Adult Fiction
- Writing for Performance: Theatre, Film, Television
- Professional Writing Research and Practice
- Education Research and Practice
- Full-time tuition fee: £9,250 p.a.
- Part-time tuition fee: £1,454 per 20 credits (Please contact the Info zone for further information)
- International tuition fee: £11,790 p.a.
The BA (Hons) English Literature with Creative Writing offers two professional practice modules: Education Research and Practice and Professional Writing Research and Practice. Students may undertake these modules in their final year of study to enhance employability skills and build effective relationships with writing practitioners, local schools, businesses and arts organizations.
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) English and Creative Writing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America