MSc Sport Nutrition
Sport nutrition is an increasingly vital part of elite sport and there has never been a better time to specialise, as recreational competitive sport and elite performance sport grow increasingly popular in the UK. The University of Stirling is one of only six universities worldwide approved to provide this Masters conversion course in sports nutrition.
This Masters degree focuses on the science behind sports nutrition and is designed specifically for students who already have an International Olympic Committee (IOC) Diploma in sports nutrition and want to further their knowledge.
To complete the course, you’ll be asked to plan, conduct and write a research project in Sports Nutrition, and you’ll receive high-quality training and support from our expert staff as you study. By the time you graduate, you’ll have an even greater knowledge of sports nutrition and a clear understanding of how to put your research into practice.
Applicants must have met the entrance requirements for, and must have successfully completed, the IOC postgraduate diploma in Sports Nutrition.
English Language Requirement
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 176 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 62 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 80 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 80 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- TOEFL ITP Plus for China minimum 543 overall, 54 in listening, 53 in structure and written expression, 56 in reading and B2 in speaking
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall and Merit in all sub-skills, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 105 overall with a minimum of 90 in all sub-skills
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Mode of study: part-time, full-time, stand-alone modules
- Tuition fee for UK students: £4,100
- Tuition fee for EU students: £7,075
- Tuition fee for Overseas (non-EU) students: £7,075
Award: Masters / MSc
This course is designed to expand on the knowledge you’ve acquired whilst studying for your IOC Sports Nutrition diploma. You’ll complete a research project on an approved topic of your choice while gaining a deeper understanding of the science behind the subject, a broader network of expertise and an enhanced ability to share your findings with the wider world.
About this institute
University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is an international university committed to helping students make a difference in the world. We’re passionate about creating impact in everything we do - addressing real societal issues, providing solutions, and helping to shape communities. Based...
Want to know more about MSc Sport Nutrition? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...