MSc Artificial IntelligenceUniversity of Stirling
MSc Artificial Intelligence
All available course dates
MSc Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is currently enjoying a period of great interest due largely to advances in data driven AI and machine learning. Technologies such as self-driving cars, intelligent assistants (like Alexa), and AI health care have made AI an increasingly everyday technology, and one that will revolutionise the way we live and work in the years to come.
Modern AI is concerned with giving computers human-like abilities such as sight, learning, conversation and creativity. AI is a popular topic to study because there is a growing jobs market for AI and Data Science skills and because it is an exciting new field of computing.
Our data driven MSc Artificial Intelligence course capitalises on the success of well-established postgraduate courses in Big Data and Data Science for Business preparing industry ready graduates sought after by AI companies.
The University of Stirling is a member of The Data Lab, an Innovation Centre that aims to develop the data science talent and skills required by industry in Scotland. It also supports our students with funding, networking and routes into employment. We also have close links with the Scottish Informatics and Computing Science Alliance (SICSA).
A minimum of a second class honours degree or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 169 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- TOEFL ITP Plus for China minimum 543 overall, 54 in listening, 53 in structure and written expression, 56 in reading and B2 in speaking
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall with a Pass in each sub-skill, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 95 overall with a minimum of 90 in all sub-skills
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Key topics and technologies taught will be:
- Mathematics and statistics for data science
- Programming using Python
- Applying AI to real world problems
- Machine learning
- Computer vision
- Natural language processing
- Deep Learning
- Heuristic optimisation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Mode of study: part-time, full-time, campus based, stand-alone modules
- Course fee for UK students: £9,350
- Course fee for EU students: £20,845
- Course fee for Overseas students: £20,845
Award: Masters / MSc
On this Masters course you’ll gain:
- an in depth understanding of advanced analytics and machine learning topics
- the ability to apply artificial intelligence solutions to real world problems and commercial tasks
Artificial Intelligence is revolutionising sectors like marketing, finance, sport, manufacturing, healthcare and government. It is also a skill much sought after by the tech giants like Google, Facebook and Amazon. Graduates with an AI qualification will find employment in sectors such as:
- business or customer analytics
- advanced healthcare
- financial technology (Fintech)
- legal technology (Lawtech)
- automotive (self driving cars)
- cyber security
- social media
About this institute
University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is an international university committed to helping students make a difference in the world. We’re passionate about creating impact in everything we do - addressing real societal issues, providing solutions, and helping to shape communities. Based...
Want to know more about MSc Artificial Intelligence? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...