Human Resource Management MLitt
The Masters in Human Resource Management (MLitt) provides a comprehensive approach to the management of an organisation’s most valuable and valued assets – the people working there who individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of its objectives.
The Masters in Human Resource Management is a one-year taught program run by the School of Management.
- A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in business, management or a related subject from the UK or the equivalent international qualification. The University also considers applicants who have majored in another subject but have a business or management minor. Applicants with business experience are welcome, and work experience may be taken into account in the evaluation of applications.
- If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
- English language proficiency.
Students without a relevant background in business or management are advised to consider the Management MLitt program.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Contemporary Global Issues in Management
- Managing and Developing People
- Skills and Challenges for the HR Professional
- Masterclasses in Human Resource Management
Students choose two optional modules, taking one in each semester.
Here is a sample of optional modules that may be offered.
- Alternative Investment
- Creative Marketing Communications
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity
- Ethics, Organisations and Management
- Financial Systems
- International Financial Management
- International Marketing
- Managerial Decision-making
- Managing Natural Resources
- Marketing and Society
- Managing Non-governmental Organisations
- Risk Management
- Scenario Thinking and Strategy.
The following modules are also available to all students on the program but are required for the CIPD accreditation
- Leadership in Organisations
- Managing People in Global Markets
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The taught elements of the programs are delivered through a mixture of core and option modules using a range of delivery methods, including lectures, small group tutorials, workshops and seminars.
Alumni from the Human Resource Management program and more generally from other Masters programs in the School of Management have secured employment in the fields of general management, human resource management, marketing and brand management, accountancy, investment analysis, fund administration and other aspects of the financial services industry.
Graduates from the Masters in Human Resource Management have taken up roles in a wide variety of organisations in the public and private sector including:
- Clydesdale Bank
- Porsche Group
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Consultancy
About this institute
University of St Andrews
The University of St Andrews is Scotland’s first University. As a 600 year-old institution, we are known across the globe for our world leading quality and depth of research. For six centuries some of the world’s brightest and most promising...
Why study at University of St Andrews
The University of St Andrews is situated in a truly beautiful location. Part of a seaside town it is a picturesque and inspirational location to pursue your studies, where you will have the thinking space needed to be your very best. As a smaller university our size is one of our greatest strengths with class sizes allowing for a close and individual learning experience and giving great access and support from your teachers.
Graduates of St Andrews are highly sought after by employers around the world due to our reputation for excellence. A qualification from St Andrews will help you reach your ambitions and kickstart your career.
Consistently ranked as the best student academic experience in the UK by students in the National Student Survey, your time as a student in St Andrews will be unique and rewarding, leaving you with a prestigious qualification, but also memories and connections to treasure for years to come.
Want to know more about Human Resource Management MLitt? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
Hong Kong, China