About this program
Finance and Management MSc
The Masters in Finance and Management (MSc) helps students develop an integrated and critically aware understanding of the financial context of managing business organisations and equips them to take an effective role within those organisations. The MSc Banking and Finance program is accredited by the Chartered Banker Institute. Successful completion of this program provides an accelerated pathway to Chartered Banker Status.
The Masters in Finance and Management is a one-year taught course run by the School of Management.
- A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in business, economics, finance or a related subject from the UK or the equivalent international qualification. The University also considers applicants who have majored in another subject but have a business or finance minor. Applicants with business experience are welcome, and work experience may be taken into account in the evaluation of applications.
- English language proficiency.
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Corporate Financial Management
- Applied Financial Econometrics
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Investments and Portfolio Management
Here is a sample of optional modules that may be offered.
- Alternative Investment
- Creative Marketing Communications
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity
- Ethics, Organisations and Management
- International Financial Management
- International Marketing
- Leadership in Organisations
- Managerial Decision-making
- Managing Natural Resources
- Managing People in Global Markets
- Marketing and Society
- Managing Non-governmental Organisations
- Risk Management
- Scenario Thinking and Strategy
- Financial Systems
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The taught elements of the programs are delivered using a range of methods including
- small group tutorials
- workshops and seminars
For more information about duration, please contact the university.
Many Management graduates continue their education by enrolling in PhD programs at St Andrews or elsewhere.
Alumni from the Finance and Management program and more generally from other Masters programs in the School of Management, have secured employment in the fields of management consultancy, accountancy, investment analysis, investment banking, commercial banking, fund administration and other aspects of the financial services industry.
Graduates from the Masters in Finance and Management have taken up roles in a wide variety of organisations in the public and private sector including:
- Bain and Company
- Barclay's Capital
- Blackrock Global Investment Management
- Credit Suisse Group
- Morgan Stanley
- Nomura Bank
- Procter and Gamble.
Message the school
About this institute
University of St Andrews
The University of St Andrews is Scotland’s first University. As a 600 year-old institution, we are known across the globe for our world leading quality and depth of research. For six centuries some of the world’s brightest and most promising...
Why study at University of St Andrews
Studying in St Andrews is a unique and rewarding experience that will take your skills and knowledge to the next level.
Students at St Andrews have access to some of the world’s best professors and lecturers and a degree from the University of St Andrews is sought after by employers around the world.
In addition to award-winning teaching and research, the University of St Andrews has an array of facilities which result in high levels of student satisfaction and a world class reputation.
Want to know more about Finance and Management MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!