Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy
This BSc Occupational Therapy degree will give you the knowledge and skills to treat people with psychological, physical or social disabilities. You’ll learn how to work effectively with patients, their families and careers, as well as with other healthcare professionals.
You’ll develop a strong professional identity as an occupational therapist and gain a clear understanding of how the role contributes to multi-disciplinary teams.
Occupational therapy combines a range of areas including human anatomy and physiology, psychology, sociology, pathology, learning disabilities and mental health. You’ll explore the impact of health conditions and life events on people’s sense of self, relationships and occupations.
The course uses creative, experiential and reflective learning approaches supported by practice placements. Learning is reinforced by internationally recognised researchers into occupational therapy.
Our purpose-built facilities include a multisensory environment, a biomechanics laboratory and an adapted flat. You’ll complete 1,000 hours on placements in the community, social care and hospitals.
BBB including one science or social science subject
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Pass with 30 points overall with 15 points at Higher Level including a science or social science subject
- DDD in the BTEC Extended Diploma
- DD in BTEC Diploma plus B in A-Level subject
- D in the BTEC Subsidary Diploma plus BB in two A-level subjects
Applicants must hold GCSE English language (or GCSE English) (minimum grade 4/C), Mathematics (minimum grade 4/C) and Science (minimum grade 4/C) if not offered at a level 3 qualification.
English language requirements
If English isn't your first language, you'll need to complete an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to demonstrate your competence in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- An Introduction to Professional Practice (BSc)
- Design for Occupation 1
- Foundations of Health Sciences for Occupational Therapists
- Practice Placement 1 OT
- Principles of Health Sciences for Occupational Therapy
- Principles of Occupational Therapy Practice
- Therapeutic Engagements/Partnerships in Occupational Therapy Practice 1
- Using Evidence in Occupational Therapy Practice
- Applied Occupational Therapy Practice - Mental Health
- Applied Occupational Therapy Practice - Physical
- Design for Occupation 2
- Practice Placement 2 OT
- Practice Placement 3 OT
- Research Methods
- Therapeutic Engagements/Partnerships in Occupational Therapy Practice 2
- Complex Therapeutic Engagements
- Influencing Innovation and Change (Level 6)
- Practice Placement 4 OT
- Research Project for AHPs
- Therapeutic Engagements/Partnerships in Occupational Therapy Practice 3
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK, Channel Island, Isle of Man and Irish students: £9,250 per year.
- EU and International students: £24,620 per year.
- Final award: Bachelor of Science with Honours (BSc (Hons))
- Name of Award: Occupational Therapy
- Interim Exit awards:
- Bachelor of Science (Ordinary) in Health Studies
- Certificate of Health Studies (CertHE)
- Diploma of Health Studies (DipHE)
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 6
Our creative and forward-thinking course prepares you to confidently work in the changing UK and international health and social care landscape. Our graduates take on roles in a broad range of contexts including the NHS, local authorities, charities, industry, schools, private practice and government agencies.
You can specialise in working with children, adults or older people across the lifespan, and pursue a career as a
- lecturer or consultant
You can expect excellent career prospects in a whole range of healthcare environments where occupational therapy is practiced. Occupational therapy graduates are in high demand in the UK and abroad.
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Bloemfontein, South Africa