Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Electronic Engineering (BEng)
Take your engineering passions to the skies as you learn to design the aircraft and spacecraft of the future. You’ll explore vital areas of electronics and take up the challenge of developing greener air travel. You'll also gain specialist knowledge of avionics, practical computing and programming. This course will prepare you for a career in the aerospace industry.
BEng Aerospace Electronic Engineering gives you a broad knowledge of electronics. You can then focus on new and future aerospace technologies, including:
- autonomous, unmanned flying vehicles
- GPS to improve flight safety and efficiency
Our expert academics bring industry experience to the classroom. They have worked on projects with NASA and the European Space Agency.
As part of this course you can:
- design and build your own electronic circuits, systems and computer software
- use our research facilities, including a computer labs, high-voltage laboratory and £110m clean room
- develop your enterprise skills with help from our startup supporter, Future Worlds
- study engineering management and law to develop your career skills
Our aerospace electronic engineering degree is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of:
- fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer
- partly meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer
AAA including mathematics and an additional required subject
A*AB including grades A*A in mathematics and an additional required subject (in any order)
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Pass, with 36 points overall with 18 points required at Higher Level including 6 at Higher Level in Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches or 7 at Higher Level in Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation, and 6 at Higher Level in an additional required subject
- D in the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus A in A-level mathematics and A in an additional required A-level subject.
- We do not accept the BTEC Extended Diploma or the BTEC Diploma without additional A-levels.
- Applicants with a BTEC Extended Diploma or a BTEC Diploma should apply for the Engineering/Physics/Mathematics/Geophysics Foundation Year
Applicants must hold GCSE English language (or GCSE English) (minimum grade 4/C) and mathematics (minimum grade 4/C)
English language requirements
If English isn't your first language, you'll need to complete an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to demonstrate your competence in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Digital Systems and Microprocessors
- Electronic Circuits
- Electronic Systems
- Flight Mechanics and Aerospace Systems Engineering
- Mathematics for Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Solid State Devices
- Aerospace Electronics Design
- Control and Communications
- Digital Systems and Signal Processing
- Electrical Machines
- Electromechanical Energy Conversion
- Mathematics for Electronics & Electrical Engineering Part II
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Radar Techniques and Applications
- Guidance, Navigation and Control
- Part III Individual Project
- Space Systems Engineering
You must also choose from the following modules in year 3:
- Advanced Partial Differential Equations
- Automobile Systems
- Control System Design
- Digital Control System Design
- Engineering Management and Law
- Integral Transform Methods
- Manufacturing and Materials
- Mechanical Power Transmission and Vibration
- Operational Research
- Power Systems Engineering
- Power Systems Technology
- Real-Time Computing and Embedded Systems
- Robotic Systems
- Security of Cyber Physical Systems
- Signal and Image Processing
- Wireless and Optical Communications
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK, Channel Island, Isle of Man and Irish students: £9,250 per year.
- EU and international students: £22,760 per year.
- Final award: Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (BEng (Hons))
- Name of award: Aerospace Electronic Engineering
- Interim Exit awards:
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 6
This degree is also a great foundation for further study at Masters or PhD level.
Your specialist skills as an aerospace electronics engineer will be in great demand after you graduate. Most of our graduates go straight into aerospace electronics jobs and electronic engineering careers in high-tech companies.
You could work for a small or large aerospace company, join a high-tech start-up, or go into an aerospace engineering consultancy.
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Electronic Engineering (BEng)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America