About this program
Information Systems (MS)
Computer-based information systems have become a critical part of products, services, and management of organizations. The Information Systems discipline centers on the development of systems that will improve the performance of people in organizations. Information systems are vital to problem identification, analysis, and decision making at all levels of management. Information Systems professionals must analyze the evolving role of information and organizational processes. Their work includes the design, implementation and maintenance of the information systems that form the backbone of today's global economy. Information Systems professionals distinguish themselves by integrating technology into business. Information Systems graduates pursue professional careers as application developers, database analysts, business analysts and into managerial positions. The combination of business, technical, and interpersonal skills are what recruiters demand of Information Systems professionals.
- Business and organizational applications and information systems management.
- The application of advanced technologies, tools, and methodologies to the goal of improving the performance of people in organizations
Chat live with students from USA / South
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of South Alabama? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
General Requirements For Graduate Students
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Official Academic Transcripts.
- Three Letters of Reference.
- Statement of Purpose.
- GRE (General GRE Test Scores must be submitted)
- International Students: (TOEFL or IELTS required)
- TOEFL (Test scores of at least 525 on the paper version, 197 on the computer version, or 71 on the internet version required)
- IELTS (Test score of at least 6.0 required)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Info Systems Database Management
- Information Systems Project and Change Management
And select two (2) from the following:
- Management Informations Systems
- Information Systems Analysis - Design
- Information Assurance and IT Auditing
- Operating Systems Concepts and Security
- SOC Research Methodologies
- Applications Design and Implementation
And select one (1) from the following:
- IS Function Integration
- CIS Research Development
Three concentrations of study are available to students who select the Information Systems Specialization in the SoC Masters program. These are THESIS, PROJECT, and COURSE-ONLY concentrations.
Pre-Approved Information Systems Electives
- Health Informatics
- Health Systems Analysis and Design
- Human/Computer Interface Design
- Information Systems Web Site Management
- Health Data Management and Decision Support
- Modeling and Decision Support Systems
- Information Systems Database Administration
- IS Enterprise Integration
- Advanced Data Management
- Communications and Network Analysis
- Modeling and Simulation
- Software Engineering Principles
- Artificial Intelligence and Heuristic Programming
- Special Topics
- Digital Forensic Analysis
- Network Security Management
- Special Topics in Information Systems
Special Permission Courses
- Directed Study
- Computer Science Research Development
- Information Systems Project Proposal Development
- Computer and Information Sciences Project
- Information Systems Project
- Computer and Information Sciences Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- In-State: 465.00 per credit hour
- Out-of-State: 930.00 per credit hour
- Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Technology
- Data Mining
- Computer Forensics Examiner
About this institute
University of South Alabama
The University of South Alabama is a comprehensive, global research and teaching university that provides our students with an exceptional education in business, the liberal arts, education, engineering, computing, the sciences and health care. Located in Mobile, Alabama on the...
Why study at University of South Alabama
State-of-the-art labs and classrooms, small class sizes, international accreditation, scholarships, proximity to the beach, affordability
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Clayton , Australia