Communication Strategies and TechniquesUniversity of Siena
About this program
Communication Strategies and Techniques
Information society, knowledge economy, data culture, interface design, services and technological artefacts, languages of institutional communication, journalism at the time of social media, digital advertising. These are some of the key words behind this degree course, which invites students to embark on a journey of exploration and training to orient themselves and know how to move in a rapidly changing media environment. The course offers theoretical and practical training in communication strategies and techniques.
Bachelor/Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
After you have applied, an Enrolment Committee will assess your competences and skills against the requirements of the MSc program.
The admission to the Master of a graduate who is in possession of a degree awarded by a foreign University or an equivalent foreign institute is evaluated by the Didactic Committee through a case by case assessment, considering the documentation received through online procedures, on the basis of the relevance and consistency of the qualification obtained abroad (and of the entire training course) with the training objectives of the Master, as well as linguistic knowledge.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Procedures at the Italian Diplomatic Representatives
Non-EU citizens are invited to contact the Italian Diplomatic Representation of their countries as soon as possible in order to obtain all the required documents for the pre-enrollment at the University of Siena and for information regarding the VISA process.
EU citizens – Non EU citizens with regular permit to stay – Italians with degrees obtained abroad
They must contact the appropriate Italian Diplomatic Representation in order to obtain all the documents required for enrollment in the University of Siena.
The University of Siena requires all students to pass an English language exam, B1 level, which is also important for those wishing to participate in Erasmus exchange programs at English-speaking universities. This eligibility must be demonstrated by a qualifying examination administered by the Language Center.
Knowledge of the Italian Language
The Italian Language knowledge test is mandatory for every non EU candidate resident abroad wishing to enroll in a course taught in Italian, who does not posses a language certification that would be a waiver of the test.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The degree in Communication Strategies and Techniques has three curricula taught in Italian:
- Communication technologies for Experience Design
- Public, social and journalism communication
- Persuasive and advertising communication
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the university website for information.
In addition to in-presence teaching, which continues to be the preferred method also in the next Academic Year, every single lesson will be simultaneously live-streamed and/or video recorded and uploaded on our digital platform for subsequent viewing. This mode is essential for students who are temporarily unable to be on premises.
The amount for each international student is based on the student’s country of origin and the course chosen.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees
Credits - 120 ECTS
Awards - MA (LM-92 Class of second cycle degrees in Communication theory)
Expert in Interaction and Experience Design
- Role known as IU / UX Designer. The IU / UX Designer conducts product research, development strategy, information architecture and interaction design;
- Creator of prototypes on different levels of detail, from rapid sketches on paper to wireframe produced with dedicated software, from low-level Mock Up to interactive computational prototypes.
Socio-political communication expert and socio-political analyst
- Expert in political communication and political consultancy;
- Expert in knowledge network management, communication tools via Web and Social network;
- Data journalism expert;
- Expert in market surveys, socio-political research, management of projects with public and mixed funding.
Expert in programming persuasive and advertising communication plans.
- In private companies: role of communication manager, planner of cultural and promotional events, social media planner;
- In public institutions: role of head of the URP, management of relations with the media, planner of communication campaigns.
- In specifically political institutions: role of critical analyst of the communication campaigns and of the positioning of the different subjects;
- In professional communication services (agencies): consultant for institutional, social and political communication campaigns, as well as for advertising campaigns and curator of the image of public and political personalities.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Siena
The University of Siena is one of the most a prestigious and historical European Athenaeum (year of foundation 1240); through the centuries it has been consolidating an excellent quality of teaching and research. Now this University is facing a rapidly...
Want to know more about Communication Strategies and Techniques? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!