About this program
LLM (Socio-economic Rights) (Coursework)
The curriculum will generally consist of:
- Three modules counting 30 credits each (at least one of these modules must be completed during the first year of registration).
- A module in research methodology (RHP 801 - (non-credit-bearing)) (this module must be completed during the first year of registration).
- A research proposal (RHP 803 - (non-credit-bearing)).
- A mini-dissertation.
- LLB degree or BProc degree or relevant degree from a foreign university that allows entrance to the formal legal profession.
- A weighted average of at least 65% at final-year level. An average of at least 65% for Public International Law at bachelor’s level
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Mini-dissertation 800
- Post-apartheid jurisprudence 801
- Research methodology 801
- Research proposal 803
- Socio-economic rights in the South African Constitution 802
- Socio-economic rights under comparative and international law 801
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The minimum duration of a Program is 1 year (2 semesters) and the maximum duration is 2 years (4 semesters). The study period may only be extended in an individual case with the approval of the Faculty Postgraduate Committee on recommendation of the relevant head of department, based on good reason shown and if the student has a reasonable prospect of completing the Program in a further year of study.
Please contact the institute for more information about tuition fees
Message the school
About this institute
University of Pretoria - Faculty of Law
Our mission is to be an internationally recognised leader in socially relevant legal education and research in South Africa and globally. In pursuing its vision, UP Law has as its mission the creation and sustenance of a research and education...
Want to know more about LLM (Socio-economic Rights) (Coursework)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!