BEng (Hons) Engineering and Technology with Foundation Year
If you've got ambitions for a career in engineering, but don’t meet the entry requirements for one of our Bachelor's degree programs, then this BEng (Hons) Engineering and Technology degree with foundation year is ideal.
In your first year, you’ll develop your skills in maths, science and technology. You can then take your skills and knowledge onto one of our engineering and technology degree courses.
With a degree in engineering, you can start a career as a professional engineer in areas such as civil engineering, manufacturing engineering, electronic and energy engineering, and aerospace.
- A levels – DEE–EEE
- UCAS points – 48–56 points to include 1 A level, or equivalent Other qualifications such as Vocational A levels (AVCE), BTECs and Access courses will also be considered (calculate your UCAS points)
- BTECs (Extended Diplomas) – MPP–PPP
English language requirements
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 5.5 with no component score below 5.5.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Modules currently being studied
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Materials and Design
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Principles
- Computing for Engineers
- Sustainability and Energy Studies
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- 4 years full-time
- 5 years sandwich with work placement
- For UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9,250 per year
- For International students: £17,600 per year
On this course you'll:
- Get a grounding in the maths, science and technology skills that are vital for studying engineering at degree level
- Choose the degree route to follow after your foundation year – subjects we offer include civil, mechanical and electronic engineering
- Apply your engineering skills in practical settings, working with our local charity and business partners on projects
- Spend time in our tech labs, such as the Analogue Electronics Laboratory
- Get student membership of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), paid for by the University.
About this institute
University of Portsmouth
Join us at the UK's only island-city! At Portsmouth, we have five faculties: Business and Law, Science, Creative and Cultural Industries, Humanities, and Technology. Our highest ranking courses are in the field of Biology, but we also have a long...
Why study at University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth is consistently within the top-ranked institutions in the UK for student satisfaction, which is reflected in the teaching quality, but also the experience that students enjoy with us.
Students can live a few minutes' walk away from their faculty buildings on campus, with only a 5-10 min walk to the seaside.
The cost of living and accommodation in Portsmouth are significantly lower than in the larger cities in the UK, meaning you'll be able to live more comfortably here. The city is so compact that you don't need to take any public transport and most students/lecturers get around by bike.
The city has a population of around 200,000 and over 10% of this is made up of our student population. We have 5,000 students from overseas on campus.
Want to know more about BEng (Hons) Engineering and Technology with Foundation Year? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia