Show as: Mobile

Foundation Year Program

University of Pavia
10 months
Full time
Foundation / Pathway program
Scholarships available
11 October 2020
Application deadline: 15 July 2020
6,500 EUR

Program description

Foundation Year Program

The University of Pavia Foundation Year Program offers a unique ten-month, full immersion preparatory course in Italian. The intended audience of this program are students finishing high school this year looking for a foundation year program in a quiet and safe city just 30 minutes from Milan. It includes both classes of Italian Language at beginner, lower intermediate and upper intermediate level and elective classes in three different area studies: (a) Humanities; (b) Science; (c) Economics, Law & Politics.

Furthermore, students will enjoy a historical, artistic and gastronomic monthly tour in Lombardy, the region of Pavia. After completing the Foundation year program students will be able to enroll in any BA’s degree course in Italy and will be exempted from the admission interview to enroll in a BA’s degree course in Pavia. 

Admission requirements

Admission requirements:

  • At least 11 years of schooling from primary education to graduation at high school
  • High school leaving diploma with full transcript of records, plus translation & legalization
  • Will to enroll in a BA taught in Italian at #UNIPAVIA
  • Strong commitment and desire to improve and study in a multicultural, multidisciplinary environment

Does this course require proof of English proficiency?

The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!

Learn more Advertisement

Tuition fees

The tuition fee for the Foundation Year is set for 6,500 EUR.

The fee includes injuries & accidents insurance policy while studying inside the campus, books, handouts and teaching materials, tutoring, fields studies and trips in Lombardy, to discover and enjoy our beautiful region.

The fee does not include housing, meals, health insurance policy, personal expenses.

Eligible candidates will be required to pay 25% of tuition fee within ten days from receiving confirmation.They will pay the remaining 75% of tuition fees by the end of September.

Request info

Want to know more about this program, Foundation Year Program? Fill out the following form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.

About this institute

University of Pavia Logo

University of Pavia

Founded in 1361, the University of Pavia (UNIPV) is one of the world’s oldest academic institutions. The University of Pavia features in a number of international rankings: Unipv is particularly competitive in the fields of Humanities, Engineering, Pharmacy, Life Science...

Read more about this school

Why study at University of Pavia

About Pavia

The city of Pavia is located in northern Italy, around 30km south of Milan (20-30 minutes by train) within easy reach of the Swiss border, Como and the lakes as well as Genoa and the Ligurian coast. Founded in Roman times with the name of Ticinum its city centre is a maze of narrow streets, ancient churches, elegant buildings and many fascinating corners all coming alive day and night with students enjoying their favorite meeting points.

Life in Pavia is both pleasant and affordable, particularly in comparison with much higher housing and living costs in Milan and other urban centres in Lombardy. Students who can enjoy sport activities, at the University Sports Centre (CUS) which offers a wide range of courses, championships and tournaments.


Tuition fees at UNIPV vary based on the student’s family income and country of origin and range from 150 to 4400 Euro. Scholarship, fees reduction and other benefits are offered to students on merit criteria and family income by Edisu a dedicated government agency.

Contact info

University of Pavia

Strada Nuova 65
27100 Pavia

 Show phone number

Request information

Want to know more about Foundation Year Program? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.


Be the first to write a review!

Career test - find your perfect career

Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.

Take the test

You may also like...