About this program
Food and Health
From successful Summer Schools to the establishment of a new program: a Master’s degree in Food and Health.
The Master’s degree addresses the complexity underling the interactions among food, nutrition and human health in an international context, with a paradigm-based structure “from food harvest to global health”. The modern teaching approach aims at filling the existing gaps among the different disciplines currently offered in this area, providing multidisciplinary, complementary, highly integrated knowledge. The program offers both strong theoretical courses and applied research-oriented teaching on food production, food quality and human nutrition, in order to analyse how they relate and affect human health, via dietary habits.
Bachelor diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Agricultural Science, Forest Science, Food science, Animal Science, Dietetic, Applied Pharmaceutical Science, Biology, Biomedical engineering, Biotechnology, Molecular biology or related fields.
- Additional entry requirements – Entry title and GPA
Please verify country-based specific entry title and GPA requirements on our website
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
You can often get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents with you when you finally go to the university.
If you are admitted to the degree programme, you will have to submit other documents including original and translated/legalised copies of your previous qualifications, etc. No legalised documents are required at application stage.
English B2 Level (CEFR) or equivalent certificate
Please check out our website for the full list of accepted certificates, minimum scores and exemptions
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Food safety hygiene and microbiology
- Food chemistry and technology
- Nutrition and metabolic pathways: from organs to cells
- Genomics of Nutrition
- Communication skills
- Food microbiota, human microbiome, plant bioactive compounds and food quality
- Plant bioactive compounds and food quality
- Food microbiota and human microbiome
- Ecology of foodborne pathogens, food toxicology and antimicrobial resistance
- Sustainable resource-efficient food production and processing
- International regulations for food safety, certification and trading
- Mechanisms of tissues diseases and how environmental clues alter organ function
- Research methods in economics: understanding decision making and consumer behavior to promote healthy choices.
- Quality control and data analytics in food production
- Nutrition-related diseases
- Human Nutrition: sustainability and multidisciplinary perspective
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship and fee waivers are available for international students, for more information visit our website.
€2,739 per year
Awards: Master of Science in Food and Health
Credit: 120 ECTS
Potential areas of employment:
- Product development and research specialist in the food industry
- Expert in food and nutrition areas of private and public administration
- Agri-food and nutritional advisory specialist of GDO or food manufacturers
- Food quality and nutritional expert in international organizations
- Independent consultancy practitioner
- Food quality and nutrition expert in public health
- Clinical Dietitian Manager
- Health Educator
- Food quality and nutrition communications specialist
- Advisory specialist in NGOs, charities and projects concerned with food quality and nutritional issues
- Researcher in food quality, nutrition and health
Message the school
About this institute
The University of Padua
The University of Padua is a world-leading research-intensive university that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222. Loyal to its motto Universa Universis Patavina Libertas (Paduan freedom is universal for everyone), it has always been a bastion of...
Why study at University of Padua
- The University of Padua is a TOP 200 university in the World, that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222.
- During eight centuries, students, researchers and alumni have provided key contributions to the advancement of knowledge, science and society.
- Padua offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of programmes (over 180, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level; 29 programmes are held completely in English).
- Interconnections among the different disciplines generate a vibrant and stimulating learning environment, where international students (over 3,000), staff and alumni support the development of the University's mission at global level.
Want to know more about Food and Health? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!