About this program
Developmental and Educational Psychology
The Master’s degree provides students with cutting-edge scientific knowledge and skills concerning typical and atypical development, and advanced topics in emotion regulation, peer relationships, and cultural developmental psychology. The programme encourages students’ active engagement and participation by combining theory with advanced methodology and practice that can be applied to different developmental periods, from infancy to late adolescence.
Bachelor diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree in Psychology or related fields (e.g. Educational Sciences), with proven knowledge in Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Additional entry requirements – Entry title and GPA
Please verify country-based specific entry title and GPA requirements on our website
Call for applicantions
-For non-EU students residing outside Italy* please check the relevant Call for admission (TBA)
-For EU students or equated or non-EU students residing in Italy, please check the relevant Call for admission (TBA)
A specific CV format is required for application (TBA)
A specific motivational letter format is required for application (TBA)
Please verify country-based specific entry title requirements on our website
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
You can often get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents with you when you finally go to the university.
If you are admitted to the degree course, you will have to submit other documents including original and translated/legalised copies of your previous qualifications, etc. No legalised documents are required at application stage.
English B2 level (CEFR) or equivalent
Please check out our website for the full list of accepted certificates, minimum scores and exemptions
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Research issues in typical cognitive development
- Statistical methods and data analysis in developmental psychology
- Advanced data analysis for psychological science
- Experimental research methods in psychology
- Risk prevention and wellness promotion among youth
- Economic inequality: perception, consequences and legitimisation
- Research issues in atypical development and learning
- Cultural developmental psychology
- Advanced topics in emotion regulation and education
- Advanced topics in peer relationships research
- Developmental cognitive and social neuroscience
Laboratories: Introduction to scientific writing, Writing grant proposals, Research ethic
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
€2,739 per year
Awards: Master of Science in Developmental and Educational Psychology
Credit: 120 ECTS
Graduates work as professionals in applied developmental and educational psychology, especially in educational or child and youth clinical centres, or as data scientists or policy advisers at international level. The programme also represents an excellent starting point for PhD studies.
Message the school
About this institute
The University of Padua
The University of Padua is a world-leading research-intensive university that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222. Loyal to its motto Universa Universis Patavina Libertas (Paduan freedom is universal for everyone), it has always been a bastion of...
Why study at University of Padua
- The University of Padua is a TOP 200 university in the World, that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222.
- During eight centuries, students, researchers and alumni have provided key contributions to the advancement of knowledge, science and society.
- Padua offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of programmes (over 180, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level; 29 programmes are held completely in English).
- Interconnections among the different disciplines generate a vibrant and stimulating learning environment, where international students (over 3,000), staff and alumni support the development of the University's mission at global level.
Want to know more about Developmental and Educational Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!