Animal CareUniversity of Padua
All available course dates
About this program
The Bachelor’s degree offers a unique educational pathway, targeting people who aim at taking professional care of animals and protecting their wellbeing. The Program provides knowledge, skills and competences to develop qualified human resources specialised in animal care, husbandry and welfare, able to operate in different international contexts. Multidisciplinary field experiences, including visits to zoological parks, rehabilitation centres, research facilities, are organised to introduce students to the practical activity.
Secondary Studies diploma (or equivalent)
Applicants must have good command of Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Analytical and Logic skills
English - B2 level (CEFR) or equivalent
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Common path (1st-2nd year): Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry and biochemistry; Bioethics and legislation; Animal biology and genetics; Animal Anatomy and Physiology; Husbandry and welfare; Behavioral Neuroscience; Communication skills; Prevention and control of transmissible diseases; Nutrition; Comparative reproduction; Pharmaco-toxicology; General pathology.
Study plans (student choice, 3rd year):
- Wild and Zoo Animals
- Animals in Scientific Research
- Aquatic Animals
Specific subjects for deepening the knowledge in each professional field of action will be taught.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition Fees: €2,626 per year
Bachelor's degree in Animal Care
Credits: 180 ECTS
Graduates work in private and public organisations where management, health, welfare and preservation of animals are driven by a modern and international approach. Job opportunities include taking care of animals in a controlled environment and assisting experts in the monitoring of animals intended for recreational, research, educational, sport and assistance activities.
Message the school
About this institute
The University of Padua
The University of Padua is a world-leading research-intensive university that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222. Loyal to its motto Universa Universis Patavina Libertas (Paduan freedom is universal for everyone), it has always been a bastion of...
Why study at University of Padua
- The University of Padua is a TOP 200 university in the World, that has been driving global change since its foundation in 1222.
- During eight centuries, students, researchers and alumni have provided key contributions to the advancement of knowledge, science and society.
- Padua offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of programmes (over 180, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level; 29 programmes are held completely in English).
- Interconnections among the different disciplines generate a vibrant and stimulating learning environment, where international students (over 3,000), staff and alumni support the development of the University's mission at global level.
University of Padua
Want to know more about Animal Care? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!