Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Take Your Thinking to a Higher Level
The Doctor of Philosophy at the University of New England in Armidale, Australia is a 144-credit education program made up of in-depth research of any one of a variety of education subjects.
UNE's Doctor of Philosophy is offered on a full-time basis for 3 years of a part-time basis for 6 years.
Education subjects which can be researched are the following:
- Agriculture/Allied Health/Behavioural Science and Social Studies/Clinical Psychology/Computing
- Built Environment/Education
- Foreign Languages
- Performing Arts/Rural Medicine/Science
Admission requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy at the University of New England in Armidale, Australia are:
- completion of the degree of Master, provided that the applicant has shown potential for research demonstrated by a research project or resulting dissertation/thesis comprising typically 25% or more of the Masters program; or
- completion of the degree of Bachelor with first class Honours or second class Honours in the First Division; or equivalent; or
- another degree, plus subsequent acceptable qualifications and/or research experience; or (d) hold similar qualification(s) acceptable to the PhD Committee from another institution(s)
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
PhD in Philosophy from the University of New England.
Tuition & fees
University of New England offers scholarships to undergraduate students, future students, postgraduate research students, Commonwealth scholarships among others.
Tuition fees at the University of New England are different for domestic and international students.
For more information about tuition fees and to see if you qualify for scholarships, fill out an Information Request form.
University of New England
Study at One of the Great Universities in Australia
The University of New England (UNE) is one of Australia's great universities for teaching, training, and researching. UNE is located in Armidale in the mid-east of the country. It's well-earned reputation is based on almost a century of combining high...
Location & accommodation
The city of Armidale, home to University of New England (which overlooks the city), is positioned roughly half-way between Sydney and Brisbane. With an easy-going and unpolluted lifestyle, it is also the ideal place to live while you study or work. Armidale is in fact the most cosmopolitan city in Australia's state of New South Wales besides Sydney, and is home to about 25,000 people from over 50 countries. Armidale...