Bachelor's Degree in Sociology
The Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology at the University of Mount Union allows students to explore a wide variety of courses ranging from social status to grants and planning. Students can gain real-world experience and knowledge to work toward a career in counseling, social service, law enforcement, or more.
GPA requirement: 2.5 (except for nursing, that requirement is a 3.3)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL: 61 iBT
- IELTS: 5.5
- PTE: 55
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Social Services
- Special Topics
- Contemporary Social Issues
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Careers in Sociology
- Drugs and Society
- The Many Faces of Poverty
- Family Violence
- Stress and Wellbeing
- Sex, Love, and Relationships
- The World of Education: A Sociological Perspective
- Medical Sociology
- Social Gerontology
- White Collar Crime
- Special Topics
- American Families
- The World of Males and Females: A Sociological Perspective
- Organizational Analysis
- Minority Group Relations
- Grants and Planning
- Research Methods
- Social Science Statistics and Analysis
- Sociological Theory
- Diversity: Intercultural Communication
- Special Topics
- Senior Culminating Experience
- Honors Thesis/Project.
- Field Work Internship
Scholarships & funding
A Mount Union education is accessible to students of all backgrounds thanks to the university's robust scholarship and grant offerings. There are several state and federal options available to assist you, as well as many Mount Union awards that are specific to your career at the university. For more information, please visit the Mount Union website.
Upon completion of this program, students will graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree.
After successful completion of the sociology degree program at the University of Mount Union, students will demonstrate:
- Understanding of the scientific method and its application through qualitative and quantitative research designs used in sociology.
- Understanding of both general sociological theory as well as middle range theory unique to the substantive areas within sociology.
- Competence in communicating mastery of sociological knowledge in both written and oral form.
- Competence in applying sociological knowledge to real life situations.
Sociology is a field that is increasingly being incorporated into the research of other disciplines. Overall, employment of sociologists is expected to grow 22% through 2018, much faster than the average for all occupations, as projected by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Potential careers for sociology majors include a number of rewarding professions in various fields.
Common careers include:
- Case Manager
- Child Welfare Specialist
- College Recruiter
- Compliance Specialist
- Correctional Treatment Specialist
- Drug Treatment Specialist
- Fund Raiser
- Marketing Analyst
- Non-profit Organization Director
- School Administrator
- Social Activist
- Social Scientists
- Social Worker
- Student Activities Director
About this institute
University of Mount Union
The University of Mount Union, a private Midwestern institution founded in 1846, offers rigorous and relevant academic programs that are grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Mount Union’s students can select from broad-based and career-specific undergraduate majors. Known for its...
Why study at University of Mount Union
Mount Union is a small institution. We are proud to offer small class sizes, all taught by professors. More than 80% of our faculty have terminal degrees in their fields of study. This gives our students a chance to research and learn alongside our talented faculty in their academic fields. We are proud that 98% of our students find jobs in less than 3 months after graduating with their Mount Union degree!
Want to know more about Bachelor in Sociology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...