MSc Computer ScienceUniversity of Liverpool Online Programmes
MSc Computer Science
All available course dates
About this program
MSc Computer Science
Equip yourself with the necessary technical know-how to transition to a career in computer science with this part-time, fully online conversion Computer Science MSc programme from the University of Liverpool.
Designed for professionals from a non-computing background, this programme will provide you with a comprehensive insight into the modern computer science landscape, and augment this with selected specialist knowledge in artificial intelligence. The career prospects for our graduates have never been better, with over 90% of Liverpool’s computer science graduates going onto well-paid graduate jobs.
Applicants should possess either:
- A degree in a subject other than Computer Science or IT, equivalent to a 2:2 UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years’ experience in employment; or
- Professional work experience and/or other prior qualifications, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language and are required to provide evidence of this. Successful applicants from outside the UK must have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 overall or equivalent.
Students with a non-computer science first degree who want to develop the technical knowledge and skills required to take up rewarding careers within the computer science industry, including interdisciplinary career opportunities.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Is this the right course for you?
This programme will provide you with a good understanding of the domain of computer science and the current practice of computer science. You will gain a systematic insight into the current theory and practice and brought bring your understanding of the subject matter up-to-date, in connection relevant to your first degree or profession.
Through this programme, you will:
- Gain access to a high-demand job sector. This conversion degree is specifically designed for professionals from a non-computing background, providing a thorough grounding in the essential technologies and current trends of computer science.
- Extend your knowledge with specialist modules in artificial intelligence. The University of Liverpool is globally renowned for the strength of its research into artificial intelligence and, through our Digital Innovation Facility, provides a home for world-leading academic research into a broad spectrum of emerging technologies.
- Learn from leading experts in a culture of research excellence. Our passionate lecturers are highly regarded within the field for the topic they teach, from software development to machine learning. Our research-led ethos encourages students to participate in an innovative and stimulating environment.
- Access our online development environment to practice and refine your new skills. Throughout your programme, you will be exposed to state-of-the-art technologies and have access to industry-standard solutions, available to you as cloud services, open-source software or commercials technology; all included within your tuition fee.
Visit our website for more details on this programme, including module information.
Learn from industry experts.
Computer science at the University of Liverpool is research-driven and internationally renowned for its cutting-edge work. The 2021 Research Excellence Framework rated us 5th in the UK for world leading (4*) research outputs, and 100% of research environment rated as world-leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*). We are especially well-regarded for our expertise in artificial intelligence, and our Digital Innovation Facility, which officially opened in 2022, provides a further hub for our collaborative research in emerging technologies.
The Computer Science MSc consists of the following taught modules and a final dissertation project.
- Global Trends in Computer Science
- Software Development in Practice
- Databases and Information Systems
- Networks and Web Technology
- Reasoning and Intelligent Systems
- Machine Learning in Practice
- Multi-Agent Systems
- Research Methods in Computer Science
- Computer Science Capstone Project.
There is a brief break scheduled between modules to allow students to refresh themselves and reflect on what they have learned.
Shorter postgraduate diploma (120 credits) and postgraduate certificate (60 credits) awards are also available in this subject.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This 100% online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessments are exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Full tuition fee – £15,300* (2021/2022 academic year)
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Scholarships of up to 15% of your tuition fee are available.
- Corporate discounts of 10% are available for organisations looking to invest in the skills of three or more employees. For more information, please visit our website where you can speak to one of our admissions advisors to learn how you can upskill your team for organisational success.
For more information on fees and scholarships please visit our website where you can speak to the Kaplan Liverpool online admission team.
Enhance your career opportunities.
The skills gap in the technology industry continues to increase. By studying this conversion degree, you will acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to access careers across this field, including within the growing field of artificial intelligence. Job roles you may be eligible for following completion of the programme include software engineer, machine learning practitioner, big data analyst, network administrator, database manager, IT consultant, AI developer, research scientist and information strategy manager.
Visit our website for more information on the career support you will receive as a University of Liverpool student.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
University of Liverpool Online Programs provide a flexible study option to further your learning and progress your career while continuing with your current professional and personal commitments. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from the University of Liverpool, a...
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
Want to know more about MSc Computer Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!