MSc Artificial IntelligenceUniversity of Liverpool Online Programmes
MSc Artificial Intelligence
All available course dates
About this program
MSc Artificial Intelligence
Expand the horizons of intelligent systems and develop your skills in the rapidly growing sector of computer science with this part-time, fully online Artificial Intelligence MSc from the University of Liverpool.
The number of industries where artificial intelligence (AI) is utilised continues to grow, as does the demand for technical specialists who are familiar with the theory and practice of building intelligent systems. Our specialist Artificial Intelligence programme will introduce you to the theory and practice of AI programming and development and explores relevant applications of the discipline across a range of industries in which you may choose to pursue a career after graduation.
Is this the right course for you?
This programme will introduce you to the theory and practice of AI programming and development. You will explore the relevant applications of the discipline and how to practically apply them to a range of industries in which you may choose to pursue a career.
Through this programme, you will:
- Develop specialist skills in a rapidly growing sector of computer science. The programme will explore the theory and practice of AI programming and development, as well as relevant applications of AI across a range of industries.
- Prepare for a career working with intelligent systems. You will graduate from the programme ready to take up rewarding careers in the design and leadership of the development of AI systems. The practical skills you will develop have immediate application within the workplace.
- Access our online development environment to practice and refine your new skills. Throughout your programme, you will be exposed to state-of-the-art technologies and have access to industry-standard solutions, available to you as cloud services, open-source software, or commercials technology; all included within your tuition fee.
Visit our website for more details on this programme, including module information.
Learn from industry experts
Computer science at the University of Liverpool is research-driven and internationally renowned for its cutting-edge work. The 2021 Research Excellence Framework rated us 5th in the UK for world leading (4*) research outputs, and 100% of research environment rated as world-leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*). We are especially well-regarded for our expertise in artificial intelligence, and our Digital Innovation Facility, which officially opened in 2022, provides a further hub for our collaborative research in emerging technologies.
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, you can contact us via LiveChat on our website.
Applicants should possess either:
- A degree in computer science or a closely related subject, equivalent to a 2:2 UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years’ relevant IT professional experience; or
- Professional work experience in IT or a related field and/or other prior qualifications, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language and are required to provide evidence of this. Successful applicants from outside the UK must have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 overall or equivalent.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of the list of countries on our website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This 100% online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessments are exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Fees for the academic year 2023/24
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Scholarships of up to 15% of your tuition fee are available.
- Corporate discounts of 10% are available for organisations looking to invest in the skills of three or more employees. For more information, please visit our website where you can speak to one of our admissions advisors to learn how you can upskill your team for organisational success.
- A UK Scholarship of 10% is available for students residing in the United Kingdom. This scholarship is available for our October 2023 intake for all full master’s awards.
For more information on fees and scholarships please visit our website where you can speak to the Kaplan Liverpool online admission team.
Enhance your career opportunities.
The demand for professionals with knowledge of AI far outstrips supply, and our graduates will be able to succeed in demanding roles within a range of sectors, including interdisciplinary opportunities by coupling advanced knowledge of AI with the solid foundation in computer science from their first degree. Potential job titles include data scientist, AI developer, AI consultant, machine learning engineer, research scientist and information strategy manager.
Visit our website for more information on the career support you will receive as a University of Liverpool student.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
University of Liverpool Online Programs provide a flexible study option to further your learning and progress your career while continuing with your current professional and personal commitments. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from the University of Liverpool, a...
Want to know more about MSc Artificial Intelligence? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!