MSc Artificial Intelligence
Expand the horizons of intelligent systems and develop your skills in the rapidly growing sector of computer science with this part-time, fully online Artificial Intelligence MSc from the University of Liverpool.
The number of industries where artificial intelligence (AI) is utilised continues to grow, as does the demand for technical specialists who are familiar with the theory and practice of building intelligent systems. Our specialist Artificial Intelligence programme will introduce you to the theory and practice of AI programming and development and explores relevant applications of the discipline across a range of industries in which you may choose to pursue a career after graduation.
Is this the right course for you?
This programme will introduce you to the theory and practice of AI programming and development. You will explore the relevant applications of the discipline and how to practically apply them to a range of industries in which you may choose to pursue a career.
Through this programme, you will:
- Develop specialist skills in a rapidly growing sector of computer science. The programme will explore the theory and practice of AI programming and development, as well as relevant applications of AI across a range of industries.
- Prepare for a career working with intelligent systems. You will graduate from the programme ready to take up rewarding careers in the design and leadership of the development of AI systems. The practical skills you will develop have immediate application within the workplace.
- Access our online development environment to practice and refine your new skills. Throughout your programme, you will be exposed to state-of-the-art technologies and have access to industry-standard solutions, available to you as cloud services, open-source software, or commercials technology; all included within your tuition fee.
Visit our website for more details on this programme, including module information.
Learn from industry experts
This programme is delivered by the Department of Computer Science, who are known worldwide for their excellence in artificial intelligence research and have been at the forefront of key developments in computer science since 1983. The 2014 Research Excellence Framework rated 97% of the department’s research as being world-leading or internationally excellent, the highest proportion of any Computer Science department in the UK.
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, you can contact us via LiveChat on our website.
Applicants should possess either:
- A degree in computer science or a closely related subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years’ relevant IT professional experience; or
- Professional work experience in IT or a related field and/or other prior qualifications, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language and are required to provide evidence of this. Successful applicants from outside the UK must have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 overall or equivalent.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of the list of countries on our website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
We are delighted to offer different tuition fee discounts and scholarships for eligible students. For information about scholarship options, please send us an information request.
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This 100% online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessments are exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Full tuition fee – £15,300* (2020/2021 academic year)
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- If you live in England, you may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the costs of your degree. If you are not eligible for a student loan, you will be offered a simple monthly payment plan to spread the cost of your tuition over the duration of your studies.
- You will receive a 5% discount if you choose to pay the full tuition fee upfront.
- Scholarships of up to 15% of your tuition fee are available.
Our tuition fees are the same for all students and there are no hidden costs.
For more information on fees and scholarships please visit our website where you can speak to the University of Liverpool Online Programmes admission team.
Enhance your career opportunities.
The demand for professionals with knowledge of AI far outstrips supply, and our graduates will be able to succeed in demanding roles within a range of sectors, including interdisciplinary opportunities by coupling advanced knowledge of AI with the solid foundation in computer science from their first degree. Potential job titles include data scientist, AI developer, AI consultant, machine learning engineer, research scientist and information strategy manager.
Visit our website for more information on the career support you will receive as a University of Liverpool student.
The University of Liverpool is a member of the elite Russell Group of research-led UK universities and ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide.
We have been offering online programmes since 2000 and are one of Europe’s leading providers of wholly online postgraduate degrees.
Our online learning model can fit into busy lifestyles, offering flexibility within a framework that works across time zones.
About this institute
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
University of Liverpool Online Programs provide a flexible study option to further your learning and progress your career while continuing with your current professional and personal commitments. You will receive a highly regarded qualification from the University of Liverpool, a...
Want to know more about MSc Artificial Intelligence? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...