About this program
Bachelor of Technology (Education) in Materials and Architectural Technology
UL's School of Education is the largest post-primary teacher education provider in the state and is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world for Education programs. University of Limerick is also ranked within the top 75 universities in Europe for excellence in teaching and learning.
Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with a minimum of six subjects which must include: Two H5 (Higher level) grades and Four O6 (Ordinary level) grades or four H7 (Higher Level) grades. Subjects must include Mathematics, Irish or another language, and English.
In addition, applicants must hold an O3/ H7 grade in Mathematics and an O4/ H7 grade in at least one of the following: Applied Mathematics; Biology; Physics; Chemistry; Construction Studies; Engineering; Physics with Chemistry; Agricultural Science; Computer Science; Technology; Design & Communication Graphics /Technical Drawing.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Design and Communication Graphics 1
- Process Technology 1
- Technological Mathematics 1
- Electro Technology (Ed)
- Contemporary Understandings and Thinking on Education
- Design and Communication Graphics 2
- Wood Technology & Design 1
- Wood Science 1
- Educational Technology for Teaching and Learning/li>
- Understanding Young People and how they Learn
- Design and Communication Graphics 3
- Subject Pedagogics 1
- Wood processing Practice and Safety
- Understanding Classroom Practices
- Planning for Learning
- Preparation & Planning for Technology Teaching
- School Placement 1
- Design and Communication Graphics 4
- Architectural Technology 1
- Wood Technology and Design 2
- Curriculum and Policy Studies
- Inclusive Education 1: Contemporary Perspectives
- Design and Communication Graphics 5
- Subject Pedagogics 2
- Architectural Technology 2
- Architectural Technology 3: Envelope Design Concepts
- Inclusive Education 2: Special Educational Needs
- School Placement
- Design and Communication Graphics 6
- Technology Teacher as Innovator
- Wood Technology and Design 3
- Health and Safety in Technology Education
- Teacher as Professional
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tution fee for 2021/2022:
- EU Fee: 7,356&euro
- Non EU Fee: 16,794&euro
NFQ Level 8 major Award Honours Bachelor Degree
- Higher Diploma in Software Development
- MSc in Project Management
- Professional Diploma in Mathematics for Teaching
Graduates progressing directly into employment take up a wide variety of roles. The following provides a sample of initial roles listed on the Graduate Outcomes Survey by graduates approximately one year after graduation:
- Secondary School Teacher
- Construction Studies Teacher
- Design and Communication Graphics Teacher
- Wood Technology Teacher
- Graphics Teacher
- Design and Technology Teacher
- Head of Graphics Department/Teacher
- Design Consultant
- Fire Safety Engineer
- Quality Assurance Technician
- Customer Service Advisor
Message the school
About this institute
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is renowned for its graduate employability, dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement. With close to 16,000 students, including 3,000 international students, UL is...
Why study at University of Limerick
The Universities commitment to graduate employability, UL`s dedication to the student experience, industry-relevant programmes, award-winning research, stunning campus and UL`s deep commitment to community engagement.
The University of Limerick houses a broad range of world class and specialist equipment and facilities that give students and researchers an immersive and practical approach to their studies and research.
For more information, please visit our website
Want to know more about Bachelor of Technology (Education) in Materials and Architectural Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!