MPH in Health Systems & Global Health Leadership
The University of Haifa’s International Master’s in Public Health with a specialization in the field of Health System Policy, Administration and Global Health Leadership, is dedicated to providing students with a strong foundation from which to critically examine current global health challenges. The next generation of health care leaders will require a comprehensive understanding of society’s many facets and how they each relate to public health issues. They will also need to have sophisticated leadership skills in order to serve an ever more complex society, and to manage cross-cutting, multi-sectoral, top-down and bottom-up comprehensive programs, within and beyond the health services. In an increasingly integrated world marked by growing disparity, public health leaders will also need to be aware of how global and national forces affect health within and between national borders.
The program nurtures the required high levels of sophistication, excellent leadership and communication skills, and a deep knowledge of public and global health in order to prepare future practitioners and researchers for leadership roles in settings across the globe. The one-year program is taught in English over three consecutive semesters, from October through September.
- Bachelor degree and a minimum GPA of 3.0, 80% or the equivalent from an accredited university
- Copy of diploma(s) and official certified paper transcript(s)
- Candidates who have not graduated from an academic institution where the language of instruction is English, or who are not native English speakers, must submit ONE of the following to prove a high level of English proficiency:
- General GRE scores taken within the last five years
- Official TOEFL or other official English proficiency exam scores (ie. IELTS)*
- At least two letters of recommendation from either academic (i.e. a professor) or professional (i.e. a supervisor) sources. We do not accept personal references.
- Copy of valid passport & six passport-sized photos
- Personal Statement: Your statement should be a concise, well-written essay about your educational background and reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in public health.
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The curriculum is made up of a variety of courses that cover all facets of the field of Public Health including core courses in introducing the field, epidemiology, biostatistics and research methods. A full range of elective courses can be viewed here. The course also includes a capstone project and a structured and supervised professional practicum.
Upon completion of the program, students will be awarded with a Master in Public Health, specialized in the field of Health Systems Policy and Administration and Global Health Leadership.
For international students tuition and fees for the full 2019-2020 academic year is $US 10,690*.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
About this institute
University of Haifa
Situated on the top of the Mount Carmel with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea, and nestled beside the Carmel National Forest, the University of Haifa provides an ideal setting for your International Study Abroad and Graduate Studies experience. The...
Want to know more about Mph in Health Systems & Global Health Leadership? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.