Marine and Freshwater Biology
Explore the ecology of freshwater and marine environments, and work with aquatic organisms in the state-of-the-art Hagan Aqualab. Examine management and conservation issues. Participate in field courses in arctic, tropical or temperate regions, and in exchange programs with universities in Europe, New Zealand, Australia and Fiji. Prepare for related post-graduate work, and pursue careers in biology, management and conservation, aquaculture, biotechnology, education, and research either in government or the private sector.
- 12 U English
- 12U Advanced Functions
- 2 of 12 U Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Geometry and Discrete Mathematics
- 2 additional Grade 12 U or M credits
Applicants are strongly advised to include Biology, Chemistry and Physics in their OAC / U program of studies in order to more easily schedule the required semester 1 and 2 courses.
Admission to semester one of a degree program and General Studies is available in the Fall semester only. A semester one degree applicant is defined as one who will receive fewer than 2.00 transfer credits upon admission.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Major (Honours Program)
- Discovering Biodiversity
- General Chemistry I
- Elements of Calculus I
- Physics for Life Sciences
- Biological Concepts of Health
- Introduction to Molecular and Cellular Biology
- General Chemistry II
- Physics for Life Sciences II
- Vertebrate Structure and Function
- Introduction to Biochemistry
- Foundations in Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Biostatistics for Integrative Biology
- Invertebrate Morphology & Evolution
- Introduction to Aquatic Environments
- Comparative Animal Physiology I
- Lab Studies in Animal Physiology I
- Integrative Biology of Invertebrates
- Populations, Communities & Ecosystems
- Developmental Biology
- Comparative Animal Physiology II
- Lab Studies in Animal Physiology II
- Limnology of Natural and Polluted Waters
- Integrative Marine and Freshwater Research
- Adaptational Physiology
- Biology of Fishes
- Marine Ecological Processes
Scholarships & funding
We offer several scholarships, for more information please visit our website.
Tuition fees for Canadian Students/Permanent Residents - $6,091 per year and for International Students - $24,300 - 33,551 per year
- Biotechnology Researcher
- Laboratory Researcher/Technician
- Environmental Policy Analyst
- Public outreach and education specialist
What can I do with further education
- Animal Health Technologist
- Environmental Lawyer
- Research Scientist/Faculty
About this institute
University of Guelph
The University of Guelph is ranked as one of Canada’s top comprehensive universities, with top marks in student experience. No matter where you're from, once you enrol at U of G, you’re part of a community – a network of...
Why study at University of Guelph
The city of Guelph was ranked in 2019 as one of the top 50 places to live in Canada.
The university campus boats a gorgeous walking campus, stunning greenery and beautiful building and facilities.
With over 200 student clubs, 7 dining halls, 19 intramural sports and a 25,000 sq. foot fitness centre, you can see why we are recognized as a Canadian leader in student experience.
There are so many ways for prospective international students to reach out to the university. Check out all our social media handles, as well as our university website and admission pages for up to date news. We also offer international students the ability to chat with current international students through our UniBuddy platform. Go onto our international admission webpages to find more details on how to get in touch with a student or staff UniBuddy and start chatting!
Want to know more about Marine and Freshwater Biology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...