Who, What, Where, Why, How: Economics
What are the economic consequences of expanding the EU? Why do Dutch firms open up subsidiaries in China? Why is a cheap dollar great when you are planning a holiday in the United States, but quite a problem for an exporting company?
The Bachelor of Economics and Business Economics (E&BE) from University of Groningen in the Netherlands helps students encounter these and other questions. This three-year Bachelor's degree programme teaches students to sum up and assess the pros and cons of economic problems, as well as how business experts and policymakers attempt to stimulate both corporate and economic activity. Students gain skills in placing political, societal or business discussions on development that may be controversial into a scientific framework.
Economics and Business Economics is perfect for students who want to rise to the challenge of seeing beyond the obvious: who want to be international in their outlook and learn to analyze economics and business developments during their studies.
Graduates of this Bachelor of Economics and Business Economics have a number of career opportunities available to them, such as:
- Asset manager
- Equity analyst
- Risk manager
- Financial manager
- International business manager
Admission requirements for this program at University of Groningen for students with a Dutch diploma:
Any Dutch VWO diploma. Additional requirement: A good command of English.
- A HBO propaedeutic certificate. Additional requirement: A good command of English. Students with a HBO-diploma may in certain cases be eligible for exemptions that enable them to complete the Bachelor within a reduced time frame.
- Colloquium doctum (university entrance examination): An alternative open to students who are 21 years or older and do not meet the other requirements.
- Standard math passed.
Admission requirements for this program at University of Groningen for students with a non-Dutch diploma:
- In principle, students from the European Economic Area (EEA) who qualify for university training in their own country will also be accepted in our programme. Diploma’s from non-EU countries will be evaluated individually.
- Non-EEA students: language requirements: A near native level of English proficiency is required. The TOEFL institutional code is: 9077.
- Standard math passed
For more detailed information about admission requirements fill out an Information Request form.
Scholarships are available to students at University of Groningen based on academic, country of origin, selection of programme, and more.
Tuition costs for the Bachelor of Economics and Business Economics at University of Groningen:
EU students 2019-2020: €2,083/ year
Non- EU students 2019-2020: €8,900/ year
For more information about tuition and scholarships to see if you qualify, fill out an Information Request form.
A Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Economics from University of Groningen.
The University of Groningen is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands, founded in 1614 the university ranks amongst the top 100 universities in the world. We are a research intensive institution offering a wide range of highly regarded bachelor,...
Want to know more about Economics and Business Economics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.