Econometrics, Operations Research, & Actuarial Studies
The Masters in Econometrics, Operations Research, & Actuarial Studies at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands is an education which focuses on applying advanced mathematical models to practical economic and business problems using econometrics, operations research, and actuarial studies. This education course provides students with the knowledge necessary to determine the development of the employment ratio, the qualification of financial risks, the improvement of delivery routes, and the influence of high gas prices on the number of train passengers, to name a few.
The 1-year Masters in Econometrics, Operations Research, & Actuarial Studies in Groningen is an excellent option for students who enjoy analyzing complicated problems and would like to apply these skills in a social context. Students choose from 3 specializations:
- Operations Research: design, analysis and implementation of mathematical models for logicstic and financial decision-making problems using deterministic and stochastic methods
- Econometrics: interpretation of observed economic data to forecast, make policy decisions, or simulate
- Actuarial Studies: managing and pricing uncertainty, usually in an insurance context; includes life insurance, risk insurance, etc.
Upon completion of the Masters in Econometrics, Operations Research, & Actuarial Studies in Groningen, graduates have a wide variety of career opportunities available to them, including work in banks, insurance companies, consultancy firms, marketing, non-profit organizations, employer organizations, or with the government.
Admission requirements for the Masters Econometrics, Operations Research, & Actuarial Studies at the University of Groningen are:
- Bachelor degree in Econometrics, Operations Research or Actuarial Studies (+ programme related courses). Students with Economics or related bachelor degrees are offered a special track; see programme website)
- proficiency in English, demonstrated by the following minimum test scores:
TOEFL (580/237/92); IELTS (6.5)
- Cambridge Proficiency (A/B/C) or Cambridge Advanced
- Positive GRE score
EU students 2019-2020: €2,083/year
Non- EU students 2019-2020: €14,650/ year
MSc in Econometrics, Operations Research and Actuarial Studies
The University of Groningen is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands, founded in 1614 the university ranks amongst the top 100 universities in the world. We are a research intensive institution offering a wide range of highly regarded bachelor,...
Want to know more about Econometrics, Operations Research, & Actuarial Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.