Bachelor's of Arts in Psychology
Through interactions and research, psychologists seek to find out why and how people behave the way they do. Psychologists apply their findings to help people describe, predict and change their own and others' cognitive, emotional and physical behaviors.
Entrance into the University of Findlay requires an earned diploma from an accredited high school in a college preparatory course of study or a GED certificate. The faculty recommends four units of English, three units of mathematics, three units of social studies (including one in history), two units of science, and two units of foreign language.
The following criteria are used as standards for first-time student admission as well as for students with fewer than 12 hours of post-secondary credit:
- High school grades (minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average) and class rank;
- American College Test (ACT) (minimum 20 composite ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) (minimum 950 composite SAT) scores;for those students unable to take the ACT or SAT due to COVID-19 closing testing centers, the following criteria will be used:
- An Academic Letter of Recommendation;
- A graded writing sample of previous academic work;
- An interview with University Admissions personnel;
- Academic Letter of Recommendation (only required for students seeking a major within the College of Education);
- Other indicators of academic and personal success (character, study habits, personality, etc.);
- International students entering the University of Findlay’s undergraduate program must submit a TOEFL (iBT) score of at least 61, an IELTS score of at least 6.0, a Pearson Test of English (academic) of at least 50, or an International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP) of at least 3.5. International students whose medium of instruction was in English at the secondary and/or post-secondary levels may apply for exemption from this requirement. Students, who do meet these language requirements, may study in The University of Findlay's Intensive English Program (IELP) prior to beginning their academic studies. Successful completion of the IELP waives the TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English (academic), and/or iTEP requirement.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- General Psychology
- Orientation to Psychology
- Lifespan Development
- Abnormal Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Research Methods I: Design and Analysis
- Community-Urban Field Experiences
- Cognitive Psychology
- Brain and Behavior
- Research Methods II: Experimentation
- Senior Capstone Seminar
In addition, psychology majors are required to complete 15 credit hours from elective courses:
- Health Psychology
- Studies in Behavior
- Readings in Psychology
- Animal Behavior
- Theories of Personality
- Clinical Psychology
- Applied Sport Psychology
- History of Psychology
- Evolutionary Psychology
- Sensation and Perception
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Advanced Topics in Psychology
- Psychological Research
Recommended courses that can be taken but will not be counted toward the major but can be used for credits for the bachelor’s degree include:
- Psy-Key Club
- Community-Urban Field Experiences
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
We prepare students to pursue graduate study in:
- Clinical psychology
- Experimental psychology
- Industrial-organizational psychology
- Occupational Therapy
About this institute
University of Findlay
Established in 1882, the University of Findlay is a nationally-ranked, private university located in beautiful Findlay, Ohio. Offering nearly 100 academic programs, Findlay is known for our computer science, math, business and health professions programs at both the undergraduate and...
Want to know more about Bachelor's of Arts in Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...