Communication Design (B.A.)University of Europe for Applied Sciences
Communication Design (B.A.)
All available course dates
Communication Design (B.A.)
This program is divided into various modules. In the foundational modules, we’ll first teach you the basics of artistic crafts, such as typography, drawing, painting, and graphic design. Then you’ll be able to develop your own specializations in elective modules for editorial design, digital design, advertising design, ads and sequencing, and corporate identity. The theoretical element will cover important historical and contemporary developments in art, film, photography, and design.
In the 5th semester, you’ll have the opportunity to test out your newly-gained design skills in practice through an internship or a semester abroad. We regard our students as creative individuals. The practice-oriented specialist knowledge and the confidence in conceptual design you will gain will make you ready for the creative industries. The balanced mix of theory and practice will give you a capacity for reflection that will serve you well in your professional life. You will already design your very own covers, posters, logos, apps and more during your studies. The intercultural and interdisciplinary competence gained on our international university will also help prepare you for working life.
- EURO 3.000 (EURO three thousand) This reservation fee will be deducted from the total amount of study fees. (Not applicable for EU applicants)
- Official translation to English or German for those documents in different language.
- German taught programmes needs both English / German language certificate
- Minimum English language level is B1
- Application form
- Secondary school diploma and transcripts (if applicable, university entrance examinations, bachelor’s transcript of records, bachelor’s degree certificates). If applicant is eligible to access higher education in their home country, he/she is eligible to apply to UE.
- English / German language certificate* or request to waive**
- CV - up to date
- Passport copy
- Letter of motivation (around 500-800 words, stating the motivation for applying at UE and the respective programme)
Once the application is complete, the student is required to complete an online test (UE sends the log in details).
- Direct admission (German higher education entrance qualification or equivalent as per Anabin): IST test of 46 minutes lengths covering numerical and figural skills
- Indirect admission (for applicants that UE can accept with an entrance examination): IST test of 1 hour 40 minutes length covering verbal, numerical and figural skills.
Please note: Some applicants might be asked to participate in an interview (through Skype). This will take approx. 30 to 45 minutes and includes a general discussion about the your motivation.
Include up to 10 visual or interactive projects (with accompanying image series, sketches and/or other visual/textual material). These should be original work that highlights a range of your abilities and interests. This might include illustrations, graphic novel spread, poster series, games, character development, photo essays, collages, paintings, sculptures, marketing or social campaigns, short films, animations, applications or websites, personal creative projects, as well as text-based conceptual projects. We are also interested in seeing excerpts from sketchbooks, contact sheets, and research development where applicable. All work should be accompanied by a short text reflecting on the project or work. The portfolio should be collected in a PDF format, and sent through WeTransfer or uploaded onto a website. Large sculptural projects, 3D objects, and performances can be presented digitally. Include any media links or social media channels that are relevant. Interactive projects or games should be uploaded as Windows-executables or as an online playable link.
- IELTS 5.5 overall (no less than 5.0 each components)
- TOEFL IBT 72
- TOEFL ITP 500 - 547 (290-300 listening, 280-300 language form, 280-300 reading)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 59
- Pearson Test of English (General) Level 3
- Cambridge Exam Advanced and Proficiency 162 overall
- Cambridge Exam First (FCE) Grade C
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- PASSWORD 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in each component)
To request a language test waiver, you must have studied in a country where the official first language is English:
- At least nine months in duration
- Taken at a recognised institution where teaching and assessment throughout the course is entirely in English
- Has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying
- Medium of Instruction (MOI) should indicate English + EF SET or any accepted English proficiency certificate requested
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
1st Semester: • Concept & Design • Media Basics I • Project I • Visuality I
2nd Semester: • Typography & Language I • Media Basics II • Project II • Visuality II
3rd Semester: • Typography & Language II • Project III • Elective I • Mediality
4th Semester: • Project IV • Project V • Elective II • Law & Project Management
5th Semester: Internship or Study Abroad
6th Semester: • Project VI • Project VII • Philosophy
7th Semester: Bachelor Thesis & Bachelor Project For more information, check out the program’s curriculum on the university website.
Scholarships & funding
Partial scholarships of up to 10% available for the first year
- For EU applicants: 9,310 € yearly
- For Non-EU applicants: 12,110 € yearly
About this institute
University of Europe for Applied Sciences
The University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) educates tomorrow's designers and decision-makers in the areas of business, sports, media & event, and art & design. Our students become part of an innovative and international network, representing more than 100...
Want to know more about Communication Design (B.A.)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Melbourne (Australia), Australia