BA Film + Motion DesignUniversity of Europe for Applied Sciences
BA Film + Motion Design
All available course dates
About this program
BA Film + Motion Design
UE’s practice-oriented Film + Motion Design programme teaches and tests basic methods, concepts and techniques for the design of time-based media. From camera work and sound design to analogue stop-motion animation, CGI and 3D modelling to digital compositing, hybrid film and visual music, the course offers a broad spectrum of possibilities for creative expression.
Our way of communicating, thinking and feeling is characterised by digital, interactive and time-based media. Being able to develop and design these professionally is one of the most exciting and future-oriented activities. In the world of film and motion design, you are part of these innovative developments.
Whilst enrolled on the Bachelor's in Film + Motion Design programme, you will learn exclusively from renowned lecturers within the creative industry and can use the professional equipment at University of Applied Sciences Europe which includes a green screen studio, VR equipment, an animation studio and many more for your study projects. Our teaching focuses on your individual advancement in small learning groups and in a friendly, familiar and creative atmosphere. Through our interdisciplinary subject selection, a large number of practical projects, semester abroad and internships, you can actively shape your studies and career path.
With a future-oriented, accredited Bachelor's in Film + Motion Design, we offer you the opportunity to fully develop your artistic potential in a personal environment. Study in seven project-oriented semesters at University of Applied Sciences Europe in Germany, the first institution to offer Film + Motion Design as a course of study and offer a wide range of optional courses.
Non-EU Applicants only:
- EURO 3,000 (EURO three thousand)
- Official translation of the English or German for those documents in different language.
Application requirements (all applicants):
- CV (curriculum vitae)
- Recognised secondary school leaving certificate
- English language proficiency certificate (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Letter of motivation (one page)
- UE Art & Design questionaire
- Portfolio (5-8 examples of your creative work)
Include up to 3-5 visual or interactive projects (with accompanying image series, sketches and/or other visual/textual material) This should be original work that highlights a range of your abilities and interests. This might include illustrations, graphic novel spread, poster series, games, character development, photo essays, collages, paintings, sculptures, marketing or social campaigns, short films, animations, applications or websites, personal creative projects, as well as text-based conceptual projects. We are also interested in seeing excerpts from sketchbooks, contact sheets, and research development where applicable. All work should be accompanied by a short text reflecting on the project or work. The portfolio should be collected in a PDF format, and sent through WeTransfer or uploaded onto a website. Large sculptural projects, 3D objects, and performances can be presented digitally. Include any media links or social media channels that are relevant. Interactive projects or games should be uploaded as Windows-executables or as an online playable link.
- IELTS 5.5 overall (no less than 5.0 each components)
- TOEFL IBT 72
- TOEFL ITP 500 - 547 (290-300 listening, 280-300 language form, 280-300 reading)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 59
- Pearson Test of English (General) Level 3
- Cambridge Exam Advanced and Proficiency 162 overall
- Cambridge Exam First (FCE) Grade C
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- PASSWORD 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in each component)
To request a language test waiver, you must have studied in a country where the official first language is English:
- At least nine months in duration
- Undertaken at a recognised institution where teaching and assessment throughout the course is entirely in English
- Has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying
- Medium of Instruction (MOI) should indicate English + EF SET or any accepted English proficiency certificate requested
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Partial scholarships of up to 10% available for the first year
- For EU applicants: 708 € Monthly
- For Non-EU applicants: 12,100 € yearly
Message the school
About this institute
University of Europe for Applied Sciences
The University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) educates tomorrow's designers and decision-makers in the areas of business, sports, media & event, and art & design. Our students become part of an innovative and international network, representing more than 100...
Why study at University of Europe for Applied Sciences
Are you not able to come to our campus yet? Start your studies online or on campus with the UE hybrid learning concept.
Gain practical experience and certificates next to your studies through our acceleration courses by our UE partner companies such as IBM, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Facebook, Tableau and HubSpot.
Top Ranked German University
We are proud to be among the top 10 private universities for Business Studies as well as among the Top 20 for creative studies.
Want to know more about BA Film + Motion Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Stanford, United States of America
Bowling Green, United States of America