About this program
BA(Hons) Marketing, PR and Advertising
- This degree is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) , meaning if you choose specific modules, you’ll gain exemptions towards the CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing, enhancing your credibility as a marketer
- Focus on the integrated management of marketing, marketing communications, PR and advertising
- Improve your marketing knowledge whilst appreciating the full multi-media approach to marketing communications
- Placements, internships and hands-on projects for companies enable you to work on real marketing issues and develop your marketing skills
- You can choose to take a placement year between years two and three of your degree.
Chat live with students from University of Derby
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Derby? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
These are the typical qualification requirements for September 2023 entry.
- UCAS points - 112-120
- A Level - BBB-BBC
- T Level - Merit
- BTEC - DDM-DMM
- GCSE - GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE - Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15, Merit: 24, Pass: 6
English language requirements
IELTS: 6.0 (with at least 5.5 in each skills area)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Advertising Fundamentals
- Managing the Brand
- Design and Creativity for Marketers
- Business Acumen and Entrepreneurship
- The Agency Executive
- Convergent Media
- Public Relations Practice
- Marketing Research
- Creative Advertising
- Marketing Strategy
- Public Relations and Social Media
- Content, Copywriting and Creativity
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
How you will learn
Our teaching methods will be varied, interactive and engaging. You will take part in:
- Lectures and seminars — led by our own tutors as well as occasionally, by guest speakers from the marketing world
- Individual and group-based practical assignments, such as creating advertising slogans, blogs, infographics, social media profiles, videos and TV commercials. Many of these will be for real company briefs
- Visits to exhibitions, trade fairs and companies
- Placements and internships
- Research projects
You will be encouraged to be creative, whether you're creating eye-catching media, memorable slogans or designing mood boards to find new innovative ways to communicate with your audience. Some of your learning will be classroom based, sometimes you will want to use computer labs and at other times you may work in a studio. You’ll use new digital technology to create digital content, including blogs, vlogs, videos and TV commercials.
UCAS points: 112-120 (September 2023 entry)
Demand for advertising, PR and communication specialists in marketing is high. Your skills in campaign development, analysis and measurement of results will be in demand as a marketer who can demonstrate impact and return on investment.
You’ll have a great foundation to begin a successful career in areas like account, product, brand or communications management.
Past Marketing, PR and Advertising students have gone on to work in large, multi-national blue chip companies, some have set up their own businesses; some work in marketing departments, some in specialist businesses; some work in the public sector. In all these areas there is a need for marketing skills for organisations to understand consumer needs and influence consumer behaviours.
Or why not study further with our: MSc Marketing Management (Alumni discount available)
Message the school
About this institute
University of Derby
Here at the University of Derby we believe anything is possible. With a broad range of courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level, we can help you get your career off to a great start. We know how important it...
Want to know more about BA(Hons) Marketing, PR and Advertising? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America
Knoxville, United States of America