BA(Hons) Education Studies Top-upUniversity of Derby
About this program
BA(Hons) Education Studies Top-up
The course is designed for foundation students who wish to top-up to a full BA (Hons) degree on a full time or part time basis. Gain a broad understanding of education from early years to lifelong learning before pursuing a career in teaching or education more widely. You will benefit from a strong focus on social equality, international learning opportunities and the chance to take a specialist pathway.
- Education at Derby is ranked Top 30 in The Guardian University Guide 2022
- Education at Derby is ranked Top 15 for overall satisfaction in the Complete University Guide 2022
- Consider different aspects of education in a range of settings, within and outside school
- If you complete this course and meet the entry requirements for our PGCE Primary, we will guarantee you an interview - more details below.
Chat live with students from University of Derby
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Derby? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- You will need to have a foundation degree passed with grades above 50% and 240 credits.
- You need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English at grade 4/C or above.
English language requirements
IELTS: 6.0 (with at least 5.5 in each skills area)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Independent Study in Education
- Optional modules
- SEND in Context
- Diversity in Social Emotional and Behavioural Development
- Linguistics for TESOL
- Principles and Practices of TESOL 1
- Principles and Practices of TESOL 2
- Entrepreneurial’ Education
- Left Behind and Left out: Social Exclusion and Education
- The Future of Education
- The Science of Learning and the Art of Teaching
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
How you will learn
Outdoor Learning Space
Learn how to apply education in an outdoor setting, using nature to improve the personal, social and technical skills of children.
- UK - £9,250 per year
- International - £14,045 per year
Once you have completed this course you will discover wide-ranging career opportunities in fields relating not only to education but also to social care, health care, careers and guidance, and the voluntary sector.
Our graduates are now enjoying success as higher level teaching assistants, welfare child protection officers, early years practitioners, care assistants, and community learning facilitators.
Throughout the course, we place great emphasis on improving your employability. Our end-of-year symposium Voices of the Near Future encourages students to showcase their future aspirations and explore the many career directions available.
Please note that this course does not lead to Qualified Teacher Status. However, if you’d like to train to be a teacher, you will be guaranteed an interview for our if you meet the entry requirements.
You could also apply to study our or enhance your career prospects further still by continuing to study with us at masters level.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Derby
The University of Derby is a Top 50 University located in the heart of England, offering a broad range of courses at the foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Get your career off to a great start with real-world learning, focussing...
Want to know more about BA(Hons) Education Studies Top-up? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!