Hydrobiology - Water Quality Management, MScUniversity of Debrecen
Faculty: Faculty of Science and Technology
Starting date: September/February
The water management is an extremely increasingly complex challenge and it has policy priority facing global society. Unprecedented climate, economic, technological and demographic change require a new generation of dedicated professionals who are committed to and trained in the interdisciplinary nature of water science and management. This water management MSc course develops knowledge and understanding in physical, chemical, and ecological aspects of water science in temperate, tropical and semi-arid zones. It provides a foundation in basic processes in each key subject areas, as well as interactions throughout the hydrological cycle, and the various hydrological processes and function, and the impact this has on health.
The staff will lead a series of field practice training sessions:
- Running Water Field Practice at various water types from creeks to rivers;
- Standing Water Field Practice at various water types such as, oxbows, ponds, reservoirs and lakes, which will improve the practical knowledge and build transferable skills in the theoretical and practical knowledge. These field skills training will both focus on strengthening capabilities to conduct high quality research for their dissertation and for their future professional development.
The intended learning outcomes are that students will develop a knowledge and understanding of:
- the physical, chemical and biological nature of water and their variations in time and space;
- the key concepts concerning various water types and water quality problems in relation to water use and sustainability;
- practical methods and techniques for water quality, monitoring and management;
- the key concepts concerning health issues associated with water.
See further details at the Department of Hydrobiology.
Language requirements: English language proficiency (TOEFL 547 /IELTS 6.0 /oral examination)
Academic requirements: Relevant Bachelor degree
Tuition Fee: 7000 USD/year
One time fees: application fee 150 USD, entrance procedure fee 350 USD
University of Debrecen in Hungary
The University of Debrecen was established in 1912, but can trace its educational roots in rich traditions, diversity, and excellence back to 1538. The University of Debrecen is a research university with almost 30,000 students and 1,700 instructors - one of...
Want to know more about Hydrobiology - Water Quality Management, MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!