Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The University of Buckingham is unique in being able to provide you with a fast track to success:
- Small group teaching by stimulating and dedicated staff.
- You may start your undergraduate Computing programme in January or September.
- Because Buckingham forgoes the long summer vacation, you will be able to complete the equivalent of a conventional 3-year honours degree in two four-term years (nine terms if you start in September).
- As a graduate of the Buckingham programme you will be able to undertake a variety of careers in the IT industry including programming, systems analysis and design, network and systems management and user support. Alternatively you can advance your career in research in Computing or Computer Science at Buckingham, other UK universities or universities abroad.
This core programme will give you an up-to-date knowledge of ICT at an advanced level and will enable you to apply what you learn to solve problems in a real-world environment. The programme builds on the Department's research strengths in biometrics (facial recognition) and broadband network access using wireless techniques. Other areas of particular interest include data mining and its use in e-commerce and e-business, image processing applications, cryptography and authentication, database and human-computer interaction. You will be taught to programme in C++ and Java.
First year courses include: Information and Communications Technologies, Mathematics for Computing, Quantitative Methods (Statistics), Introduction to Web Design, Human Computer Interaction, Fundamentals of Database Systems, Structured Programming, Network Applications and their Environments and Object Oriented Programming. Second year courses include: Multimedia Systems, Advanced Programming, Web-based Computing, Information Security, Evolutionary Computing, Algorithms, Software Engineering, Database Technologies and Information Discovery. Computing can also be studied with Accounting and Finance, (G4N4), Business Studies, (G4N1), Communication Studies, (G4Q3), and Economics, (G4L1).
- At least 240 points at A-Level or the equivalent school leaving qualification.
- At least five subjects, including Mathematics, at grade C or above at GCSE, or equivalent.
- The School is able to be flexible for mature students and certain approved professional qualifications may also be considered.
- If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 or a computer-based TOEFL score of 213+.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
The University of Buckingham was founded in 1976. It is the only independent University in the United Kingdom to hold a royal charter, which gives it the power to award its own degrees. It is a non profit-making charity. From...
Buckingham is a picturesque English market town. It lies between Milton Keynes to the East and Oxford to the West (there is a regular bus service to both) and is about an hour’s journey from London; so the shopping malls, cinemas, theatres and clubs are not far away. In Buckingham Town you can find Tesco, Waitrose, and W. H. Smith, as well as more specialist shops. There is a range of...