MA Fashion (Womenswear Fashion)University of the Arts London
About this program
MA Fashion (Womenswear Fashion)
MA Fashion develops your imagination and creative identity. The course will provide a framework for self-directed work, backed by informed knowledge of your industry. It will broaden and deepen your existing expertise, providing you with the experience, sophistication and confidence to practice professionally at the forefront of the global fashion industry. The course is delivered by a team of practising designers and exceptional technical staff. With an ethos of guided experimentation, you will explore your individual style and define the context for your work while being challenged to innovate to the highest standards.
The course provides the opportunity to study on one of four pathways: Womenswear, Menswear, Knitwear for Fashion and Textiles for Fashion. The inter-related pathways are all structured around the core subject of fashion. While much of your time and teaching will be concentrated within your selected pathway, there will be opportunities to work in collaboration with your colleagues from other pathways.
Teaching is designed to provoke debate around approaches to fashion. You will be expected to carry out intensive personal research throughout your studies. Project-based teaching will help you develop your creative ideas, originality, critical judgements and technical skills. You will learn to synthesise design and communication, enabling you to interact effectively with your colleagues and management in industry.
The standard entry requirements for this course are as follows:
- A first or upper second-class honours degree in Fashion Design, Knitwear or Printed Textiles with a strong fashion bias
- Or An equivalent EU / international qualification.
English language requirements
IELTS level 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
For more information please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Unit 1: Diagnostic Phase
- Unit 2: Pre-collection; Independent Major Project Part 1 – Rationale, Research and Design Development
- Unit 3: Independent Major Project Part 2 – 3D Realisation and Portfolio
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
MA Fashion is offered in full-time mode which runs for 45 weeks over 17 months. You will be expected to commit 40 hours per week to study, which includes teaching time and independent study.
- Year 1: £9,140
- Year 2: £5,490
- Year 1: £23,300
- Year 2: £13,980
This fee is correct for 2023/24 entry and is subject to change for 2024/25 entry. Tuition fees may increase in future years for new and continuing students on courses lasting more than one year. For this course, you can pay tuition fees in instalments.
MA Fashion graduates have established notable careers as Designers and Design Directors worldwide, some have chosen to build reputations under their own labels.
For more information please visit the institute website.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2023 QS World University Rankings®, for the fifth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
University of the Arts London
Want to know more about MA Fashion (Womenswear Fashion)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!