About this program
BA (Hons) Sound Arts
On the BA (Hons) Sound Arts course, students and staff explore the many possibilities of sound arts in a well-established and future-facing program of student-centred activity. The course covers the diverse ways that sound is used creatively in the contemporary world and you are taught how to apply your creativity to produce original pieces of work in wide range of artistic areas.
The course is accordingly broad, including: fine art, sound studies, art installations and gallery practice, audio-visual communication, game environments and virtual reality, community projects, creative coding, soundscape pieces, interactive work and new media, experimental musical work of all genres and more. As students on the course you will come from a variety of backgrounds and have a wide range of interests in all things sonic. You will be curious and open-minded and want to develop and expand your potential as a creative artist/practitioner. Your creative, contextual and technical knowledge will be built throughout the course, allowing you to face the challenges and opportunities of the contemporary creative sound practitioner.
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees for Home students are £9,250*
- Tuition fees for International students are £23,610*
*This fee is correct for 2022/23 entry and is subject to change for 2023/24 entry. Tuition fees may increase in future years for new and continuing students.
Message the school
About this institute
University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings®, for the fourth year in a row. It has an international reputation in art, design, communication,...
Why study at University of the Arts London
With multiple sites across London, UAL offers endless opportunities to draw inspiration from this global creative hub.
- UAL has a track record for launching and furthering careers across the creative industries and beyond.
- Graduates are frequently shortlisted for national and global awards ranging from the Turner Prize to the Oscars.
- UAL is home to more than 2,400 postgraduate students.
- The university offers a wide range of theoretical and practice-based research programmes leading to a PhD or MPhil.
- UAL is ranked among the UK’s top research universities, with 83% of research conducted by UAL students and staff graded as world-leading.
- UAL has a diverse student community, with students drawn from over 130 countries across the globe.
- Students are encouraged to draw inspiration from London’s world-famous art galleries, museums and theatres.
- UAL’s dedicated support service offers useful advice for international students including guidance on funding, visa applications and accommodation.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Sound Arts? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!