B. in Tourism
The Bachelor's Degree in Tourism is intended to offer graduates a comprehensive training to enter a wide variety of professional profiles within the typical fields of the world of Tourism, as manager of tourist companies, destination public planner and manager, tourist activities and products technical advisor and tourist consultant, teacher and supporter in tourist activities, as well as any other business sector which may be interested in the multidisciplinary training of a Tourism graduate.
Course taught in Spanish and some components taught in English
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
For Undergraduate programs, the basic requirements are to have a High-School diploma and a B1 Spanish Language certificate.
Please use the "Request information" form to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Our Access and Admissions Office will be happy to help and guide you through the whole process!
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Module 1. Basic training in Tourism and Economic and Business Science
- Accounting applied to tourism companies
- General Tourism Geography
- Introduction to Management in Tourism firms
- Introduction to tourism marketing
- Statistics applied to the tourism sector
- Tourism Private Law I
- Tourism Private Law II
- Touristic Geography of Spain
Module 2. Law applied to the Tourist Sector
- Tourism Law
Module 3. Management of Tourism Companies
- Analysis and Interpretation of financial Information in Tourism Companies
- Catering Management and Processes
- Customer Service and Public Relations
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Management of touristic Events
- Operation and Management of Tourism Companies
- Strategic Management
- Tourism Market Research
- Tourism Marketing
Module 4. Tourism economy
- Economic History of Tourism
- Structure of the Tourism Market
Module 5. Land planning and sustainable tourism
- Land planning and sustainable tourism
Module 6. Languages
- Modern foreign Language applied to the Tourism Secctor: English
- Modern foreign Language applied to the Tourism Sector: French
- Modern foreign Language applied to the Tourism Sector: German
- Modern foreign Language: English
- Modern foreign Language for the Tourism Sector II (English)
- Modern foreign Language for the Tourism Sector II (French)
- Modern foreign Language: French
- Modern foreign Language: German
- Modern foreing Language for the Tourism Sector II (German)
Module 7. Heritage
- Art heritage
- Cultural heritage
Module 8. Computer Science for Tourism Management
- Computer science applied to tourism management
Module 9. Professional projection
- Degree Final Project
- Enterprise Creation
- External Internship Extension
- External Practices
Module 10. Optionality
- Cultural heritage Management
- Social Psychology of Tourism
- Sociology of Tourism and Leisure
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and grants
Scholarships and study grants
- Scholarships from the Ministry
- General scholarships from the Ministry of Education for undergraduate and master studies
- scholarships Tuition scholarships and other scholarships and study grants for undergraduate, master's and undergraduate degrees
Collaboration scholarships in Departments
Aid to initiate research tasks related to the studies completed
National and international mobility calls for students
Internships and Training Scholarships
Scholarships in local, national and international companies
Aid for training research staff
Research calls for training
EU and Non-EU students full tuition fee is 823.12 EUR
- Understand the space, social, cultural, legal, political, labour and economy dimensions in the principles of tourism.
- Understand the dynamic and evolutive nature of leisure in the new society.
- Direct and manage different types of tourism organizations.
- Know the main political/administrative structures of tourism in Moroccan society.
- Recognize the main tourism agents.
- Be able to assess tourism potential in Morocco and undertake prospective assessment of its exploitation.
- Define commercial policies, strategies and objectives.
- Handle communication techniques, as well as the ICTs and their application to the tourism sector.
- Know the legal frame regulating the tourism activity in the Kingdom of Morocco.
- Communicate in another language apart from the official one.
- Manage the tourism territory with sustainability principles.
- Know the operative procedure of the spheres of lodging, restoration and intermediary companies.
- Analyze the impact of tourism on the territory, culture and minds.
- Plan and manage human resources in tourism organizations.
- Identify territory or infrastructure planning requirements.
- Know the tendencies in cultural heritage and their Management features
The Graduate in Tourism may follow any of the postgraduates offered by the Economics and Business Studies College: Official Master in Company Management, Official Interuniversity Master in Corporate Finance and Accounting, Official Master in International Business Administration and Modern Languages, and Doctorate Program in Economy and Business Management. They also have access to other official and non-official masters offered by the Universidad de Almeria
The Grade in Tourism offers its graduates a wide variety of work opportunities:
- Working in the private sector within any sphere of the tourism companies (lodging, restauration, mediating and transport).
- Working at a public institution as management or planning technician, tourism developer, tourism development agent, directors or technicians for agencies which dynamize the product.
- Working in the tourism consultancy sector.
- Enter the teaching field (both at secondary level or at the University).
- Work in research.
Welcome to UAL
About this institute
University of Almeria
Founded in 1993, the University of Almería (UAL) is a public higher education and research university ranked in the Top 40 nationally, and top 1000 worldwide. We offer 34 Bachelor and 44 Master Degrees, as well as 14 PhD programmes...
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Tourism? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...